Airport CEO Alpha 32 released (The Turnaround Update)

Yeah, we managed to break a few important things with yesterday’s update, that’s why we have the experimental branch thankfully… rolling out fixes soon! :slight_smile:

All your issues @ceoandy I see now is related to that break, so should be fixed with -3 coming soon.

6 Likes

Thank you, loving the work as always!

1 Like

I’ve logged a bug report today

. Game is saying I have no push back trucks
. Both fuelling panels no longer activate
. Passengers at the minute like to hang round in the toilets and don’t seem to want to sit down on the benches while waiting for checkin to open

1 Like

Here’s today’s update, fixing all the broken stuff with vehicles and rooms.

Important: We’ve switched the rotation of objects to clockwise which causes saved templates to not be placed correctly! These will need to be rebuilt in order to be placed out correctly again. New templates will of course work as usual.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 32.11-3

Bug

• [ACEO-16067] - Change rotate object key (R) to rotate clockwise
  • [ACEO-16900] - Missing NullReferenceException check in boarding procedure can cause turnaround service interruptions
  • [ACEO-16902] - Aircraft deserialized in a pushback state does not currectly update their paths resulting in stranded pushback trucks
  • [ACEO-16998] - Contractor bus does not spawn correctly
  • [ACEO-16999] - Rooms not placed when releasing mouse button
  • [ACEO-17000] - Turnaround services can get disabled on load
6 Likes

also the security entrances are all showing a message in yellow saying “not activated”. At the moment, as my security agents are all on strike, my airport is closed, with hundreds of people sitting around outside security . I’ve filed a bu report on this.

Love the new features guys, grats! :slight_smile:
Now I’d like to point to the pathfinding of the vehicles, because it grinds my gears. As you can see on the picture, every service car, bus, etc. wants to turn around in a junction (or in a corner, but never on a straight road) where it blocks the traffic, so the operation is a mess. The other thing is, that I’ve built tunnels for easing the pressure on the roads, but the vehicles never use them, though they ensure a shorter way to the aircraft.

What I want to say with this, that maybe I’m a bit stupid for designing a more efficient road network, but the pathfinding of the vehicles could be more intuitive. I didn’t make a bug report, because as i see it’s not a bug, it’s unfortunately a feature .

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a known bug, should hopefully be fixed by tomorrow!

5 Likes

Is there any changed being made to the number of people getting into taxis and cars. I’ve just been playing and seen about 12 people get in one taxi.

2 Likes

yeah last patch Olof made some changes to the taxi system :slight_smile:

1 Like

10 Likes

Soooooooo… Double clicking a save file in the “save” menu gives me this :thinking:
Screenshot%20(131)

1 Like

Hello all! We’re properly back from the weekend with another quality-of-life update for Alpha 32 on the experimental branch. We’ve now fixed several aspects of vehicle pathing in relation to interact with buildings and also bug fixed several things with the copy paste tool (it should now work more reliably).

A lot of effort is currently going into Alpha 33 but we’ll most likely be back later this week with another general bug fix for Alpha 32. However, if this version prooves its stability it will be dumped on the default branch as we now have racked up many bug fixes that are important for the exp branch. We’ll also be doing an official and dedicated German support release with that version.

Here’s the change log for Alpha 32.12-0:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 32.12-0

Bug

• [ACEO-17102] - Copying conveyor belt escalators throws null reference exception
  • [ACEO-17117] - Copying queues does not always work reliably
  • [ACEO-17118] - De-icing truck job tasks not correctly created when placing down de-icing stands
  • [ACEO-17120] - Vehicles cannot pathfind efficiently (cross the road) from several vehicle accessible objects such as tunnels, vehicle depots and fluid buildings
  • [ACEO-17134] - Copying conveyor belts in certain formation causes rotations to be incorrectly altered
5 Likes

some more pictures of my airport :joy:

Discovered that de-icing job task generation was completely broken so another version is up now, although with the same version number. Change log above has been updated and it’s being rolled out now! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Alpha 32.12-0 is live on the default branch. Can someone confirm??

2 Likes

Yes, Alpha 32.12-0 is now live on the default branch! Here is the full change log between Alpha 32.10 and 32.12:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 32.12-0

Improvement

• [ACEO-16770] - Texture overhaul
  • [ACEO-17164] - Passenger interaction item and room item fetching now smarter and will originate from relevant check-in or boarding desk

Bug

• [ACEO-16067] - Change rotate object key (R) to rotate clockwise
  • [ACEO-16223] - Bag rendering stack can in some cases cause them to appear as blacked out
  • [ACEO-16503] - Street lights placed underneath sky bridges can in rare instances clip through roof
  • [ACEO-16515] - Unbuilt conveyor belts still accessible by baggage
  • [ACEO-16517] - Contractor pathfinding system can in scenarios with a multiple agents and long calculation paths display clustering stalling behavior
  • [ACEO-16709] - Saved games sometimes not displayed in load menu
  • [ACEO-16741] - Stairs and escalator don't update their walkable status on upper floor
  • [ACEO-16745] - Persons can now leave airport via car stops
  • [ACEO-16825] - Missing taxi stop build button icon
  • [ACEO-16826] - Person car boarding flow not balanced
  • [ACEO-16881] - Conveyor belt tiles incorrectly force connection through floors causing strange rotation behavior
  • [ACEO-16886] - De-icing pads do not properly activate or deactivate crossing nodes when deserializing causing strange aircraft routing
  • [ACEO-16900] - Missing NullReferenceException check in boarding procedure can cause turnaround service interruptions
  • [ACEO-16902] - Aircraft deserialized in a pushback state does not currectly update their paths resulting in stranded pushback trucks
  • [ACEO-16905] - Failed shipment counter resets too quickly causing other shipments for other structure to stall as delivery truck get deadlocked with failed shipment
  • [ACEO-16911] - Taxi spawning not adequate when not relying on alternative public transport options
  • [ACEO-16926] - Room placement text displayed before pressing mouse button causing placement confusion
  • [ACEO-16998] - Contractor bus does not spawn correctly
  • [ACEO-16999] - Rooms not placed when releasing mouse button
  • [ACEO-17000] - Turnaround services can get disabled on load
  • [ACEO-17102] - Copying conveyor belt escalators throws null reference exception
  • [ACEO-17117] - Copying queues does not always work reliably
  • [ACEO-17118] - De-icing truck job tasks not correctly created when placing down de-icing stands
  • [ACEO-17119] - Copying conveyor belts can in some cases cause them to spawn with incorrect rotations
  • [ACEO-17120] - Vehicles cannot pathfind efficiently (cross the road) from several vehicle accessible objects such as tunnels, vehicle depots and fluid buildings
  • [ACEO-17134] - Copying conveyor belts in certain formation causes rotations to be incorrectly altered

New Feature

4 Likes

What surprise we will have for anniversary? :grinning::laughing:

Fokker 100? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Awesome! :smiley:

1 Like

last update seems to have introduced connection issues on the conveyer escalators and tilt trays. ACEO-17156 submitted

1 Like

This is your issue:

2 Likes