Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update)

New version rolling out now on the experimental branch! Alpha 33.6-0 with these changes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 33.6-0

Improvement

• [ACEO-19457] - Number of check-in desks per flight is now dependent on passenger count (1 per 75 departing passenger)

Bug

• [ACEO-18993] - Conveyor belt rotations can in some cases become overridden when placed with template tool
  • [ACEO-19358] - New airport screen in rare instances fails to fully load
  • [ACEO-19373] - Missing notification on transit structures if they are at max capacity
  • [ACEO-19405] - Path finding request can fail immediately after passenger deboards a transportation vehicle
  • [ACEO-19449] - Previous queue anchor point ground floor spawn bug persists on older saves
  • [ACEO-19454] - Persons can in certain instances get stuck on taxi stop due to incorrectly generated secure zone tile
  • [ACEO-19466] - Price of objects are not always same as in description
  • [ACEO-19471] - Check-in desk and baggage claim does not update UI when connecting to baggage bay
  • [ACEO-19479] - Incorrect check system can cause airside shuttle buses to get stuck when deboarding onboard passengers

If all looks good this will continue to the default branch during the weekend, probably Sunday.

Also note that Alpha 33.5-4 was recently put on to the default branch.

6 Likes

Do you think that this also might be a cause of not opening a check-in desk for around 500PAX?

Thanks guys for working hard on the fixes.

Just so that there is no confusion on this specific item. Let’s assume I connect six check-in desks to one baggage hall and that baggage hall to one large stand. This means that I will have a maximum of 450 passengers for an aircraft (6 x 75). What happens in case an A380 has more than 450 departing passengers, will check-in simply take longer than normal or will this specific A380 flight not be able to be checked-in at all.

Hope I made myself clear. :slight_smile:

The system will, just like before, book as many desks as possible and then send a warning about too few desks being available. Once you build more, the system will try to book that remaining desk too if the check-in is not too far gone.

This is at least how it should work.

4 Likes

Awesome!!!

(ACEO-19457) - Number of check-in desks per flight is now dependent on passenger count (1 per 75 departing passenger)

I have my passenger ratio set to a lower number for performance, but would still like to have multiple check in desks for flights. Could you add an option to have more check in desks if the passenger ratio is below a certain level? Or maybe have a minimum of 2 for medium stands and 3 for large stands, and then do the incremental count for more desks on top?

[ACEO-19457] - Number of check-in desks per flight is now dependent on passenger count (1 per 75 departing passenger)

Until now I used:
1 check-in desk for small stands
2 check-in desks for medium stands
3 check-in desks for large stands
this roughly adds up to 1 per 100PAX. isn’t that more logical/workable? Or is the ‘1 desk per 75’ required to stop delays?

With this system my current airport has:

3x [1 baggage bay with 6 check-in desks and 2 large stands] 3 Check-ins per large stand
4x [1 baggage bay with 6 check-in desks and 3 Medium stands] 2 check-ins per medium stand

Passenger ratio at 75%, will this set-up keep working or are we going to have to change these lay-outs entirely?

So based on taking about 20 sample flights for each Big bird I have come up with the required Check-in desks for each (Based on 100% ratio):

Big Bird Aircraft Max Pax observed # Required Checkins
A330-200 253 4
A330-300 285 4
A340-300 285 4
A380-800 539 8 YIKES!
B777-200 303 5
B777-300 359 5
B787-8 242 4
B787-9 273 4
B787-10 312 5

does this look about right @Olof?

or do you have exact maximum possible pax numbers for each aircraft?

13 Likes

Bookmarked for future use, thanks for the computing!

2 Likes

Haha! Very interesting work. Those figures look reasonable. No, we do not have fixed numbers of passengers. Once a flight is generated we take into account the max amount of passengers an aircraft can have (which we estimate as aircraft have different setups, we try to think 80 percent coach and 20 percent business) and randomize that value by chance between something like 60 to 100 percent (don’t remember exactly). We then multiply that value with the passenger ratio modifier to get the final output.

Edit: However, Alpha 34 will bring more realistic route generation using the ACEO community assembled airport traffic route data, so everything I wrote above will probably be thrown out the window, lol.

7 Likes

So now there is a reason to have self-check in and self-baggage drop desks :smiley:

6 Likes

Alpha 35… :wink:

9 Likes

Another airline to receive big bird in ACEO…

I’ll update it tomorrow, fixing some bugs, and finishing A330-200 for Brussels.

5 Likes

@Olof I forgot to report bug, stair truck appears under plane you can see on screenshot… And light on top won’t flash, but airport logo does. :joy:

1 Like

Check-in Desk Requirements until Alpha 34 is released:

Okay so for the time being until A34 comes out I compiled a table based on figures from Aircraft manufacture sites and Wiki with a range of max pax for the aircraft and max pax for multi-class seating (100% Pax ratio)…

So basically this summarizes the following Check in Desk Requirements that should cover all aircraft for the stand size (100% Pax ratio):

Small stand = 1
Medium Stand = 4 or 3
Large Stand (No A380) = 6 or 5
Large Stand (A380) = 8

I like even numbers for check in :smiley:

Based on

10 Likes

This is actually very interesting… The reason I say this, is because of how it looks from a customer service Agent perspective. I’m not been to a whole lot of airports, but I’ve been to quite a few and it’s pretty similar across the board here in America. Airlines will pay for the space to own/rent so many check in areas. In this case, the counter is then branded with the airline branding available. What intrigues me about this, is that this should be within the contract negotiations, the number of requested/available check-in desks. What also happened happens here is that the airline will have employees that will work those counters, and then in some cases proceed up to the gates and work those boarding areas. For instance, here in HSV, American has the equivalent of 3 ACEO check-in desks, but we handle ALL flights on our schedule, not just one flight at a time. Delta has the equivalent of 4 desks, United has about 2 desks worth. Just all depends on the contract I guess.

3 Likes

Bug Issue ACEO-19520

Pax taking Aft path to board plane on Large Stand for Medium Aircraft (A320) and then walking under wing to board at forward stairs.

1 Like

ACEO-19522

Medium aircraft not pushing back all the way for directional pushback and then have to spin around to get to main taxiway

Does anyone else have the same problem with the building grid not covering the whole space anymore? Of course I changed the lot size to 1350x1350 but that was never an issue until Alpha 33. Occurs with saved games as well as new games. Also filed a bug report about this a while ago.

1 Like

I hope we’ll get EMAS upgrade for runways in Alpha 36 :wink: @Olof @Fredrik
Also I think we should get large stair truck for big girls…