Airport CEO Alpha 34 released (The R&D Update)

Same here. I noticed that sometimes when a bag is scanned, it says contents: wine (?) or electronics (?) etc. and gets sent to the destroyer.

Does anyone know what the question mark means?

experiencing the same problems. In the screenshot you can see my bagage scanning and the amount of Security notices and subsequent penalties I am receiving.

The overhauled A34 Tutorial is showing a really weird bagage system as an example. It might be a slight error that has creeped in with the new rating system somehow.

3 Likes

If youā€™ve used a previous save and had already unlocked most things through the procurement system you wonā€™t see anything to research. Iā€™d suggest staying a new game to look at them.

i try to build a staff room with office desk and hired some administrators but do not work

I know, but in this case itā€™s airport operations thatā€™s broken.

I could (and did) start a new game, but a certain lethargy sets in once you realize the scale of the work aheadā€¦

Are you using a save form Alpha 33 or did you start a new game? R&D probably doesnā€™t work with Alpha 33.

new saving (most difficult/sandbox) from alpha 34 with AECOMM
and new airlines/food francchises from AECOMM do not show neither

The reason might be the map update. All existing flights have lost their destination. Only new accepted flight arrive.

Iā€™ve had the same issue, but building a staff toilet/couch next to the scanning station seems to help, but not completely. My security officers donā€™t seem to relieve themselves during their shifts, which is why I lowered the shift times.

Sorry, Iā€™m out of ideas. Send a bug report and maybe the devs will figure it out.

anyone else not getting concrete options for taxiways, roads, tarmacs ?

3 Likes

I think I only got those options after getting a commercial license, or one of the commercial R&D research.

Iā€™ve completed all R&D and am still without concrete options.

Okay, I built a new airport from scratch and had it up and running on day one. As a German, Iā€™m not used to that speed.
So I wanted to take a rest and count my money and found a little thing

Another bigger thing: I donā€™t like R&D. I mean, if Iā€™d kill my piggy bank today and built an airport, I would not have to invent baggage handling, concrete or large air-plane stands or whatever. These things exist, I just need a big piggy bank.
Could I have a game option making all things available so I just have to make enough money to afford them? That would sound more realistic to meā€¦

2 Likes

I love this

1 Like

It does take time to acquire licensing, permits, planning, drafting etc. So that is really what the R&D is. The Administration working on getting all that stuff done. IF you donā€™t like it then check Sandbox Modeā€¦

I love the sun Is coming out message at 2000 :roll_eyes: :joy:

4 Likes

First of all: Thanks to devs, this update is amazing!!

Some feedback about rating system:
-GA rating drops my total rating, but it is not activated. I do not have any GA infrastructure, I do not want to have it (at this airport), but it affects my rating (and continiously is droppingā€¦)
-terminal quality rating seems to be stuck at 50%
-baggage loading/reached rating is at 0%, while Iā€™m handling thousands of bags successfully, every dayā€¦
-infrastructure raiting: as written here before it is not logical. Furthermore: If infrastructureā€™s condition is relevant to my rating, I need an option to tell my COO which condition I want to have. Anything else is micromanagement at itā€™s best - or worstā€¦
-security rating: how can I influence my tier I / tier II scanners quality? they are at 82% - whyeverā€¦
So all in all, I think rating feature is great, but needs some balancing.

And, Dear devs, at the moment rating system forces tons of micromanagement. For huge airports it is horrible. After loading my save first time in A34 I spent about half hour, just by training my staffā€¦ annoying.

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ I definitely have had themā€¦ but concrete options have disappeared. :frowning:

Afraid, without GA, you will loose rating. Iā€™ve learnt to live with it.

Since that time my airport is apparently no longer serving Poland but Belarus and the nearest city disappeared, too. There used to be Lublin, PL at the location Iā€™m choosing on the map and in real world it has LUZ / EPLB airport. Now the nearest city is Brest, BY.