Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

Probably a bug or more likely an oversight. I’ve tested before and it seems automated check-in desk also needs to be located near a baggage drop. Thus it seems intended that they need baggage handling to function at the moment.

1 Like

I’m really just waiting for bigger maps, as a person that uses this game to design pretty airports, not really to make money in the game’s way, without larger maps as it stands the game is just kinda unplayable for me. When I asked about it in the AMA, I just kinda got a vague answer of “soon tm” :confused: I really hope it’s sort of a priority.

3 Likes

I think larger maps also need to come with APMs or other ways to get around the airport faster.

On the current map size, with the main terminal on one edge and a toast rack satellite about 70% of the map from it, flights often depart late because people can’t get there in time even if I spam moving walkways.

Or, the devs could just slow down time again.

4 Likes

Plz provide a minimap so I could change my current focus faster with out zooming out and tolerating a huge slow motion drag.

3 Likes

Bigger maps will probably be looked at during the beta phase, it’s not planned for Alpha 36 for now

3 Likes

Very small update rolling out now, Alpha 35.5-4, on the experimental branch! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 35.5-4

Bug

• [ACEO-28536] - Various incorrect livery assignments
  • [ACEO-28619] - Terminal numbers can in rare instances not default to lowest possible causing various exceptions
  • [ACEO-28673] - Missing null reference check in shelf sprite population can cause rooms to disappear on reload
  • [ACEO-28959] - Can't load more than 20 airline logotypes in item building panel
7 Likes

I feel like it might be time for another short (high-level) roadmap update. Some potential topics:

• In Devblog 152 it was mentioned that you aim to release by the end of the year, does that mean Alpha 36 is supposed to hit internal end of next month and experimental the month after?
  • What are the (high-level) plans for after 1.0? Will you take a break and spend some time exploring some concepts (not related to AirportCEO) or will continue straight away with more updates?
  • What are the plans for AirportCEO in general? Are you planning on a long-term update-cycle with multiple DLCs/updates or are you planning on adding a few additions before moving on?

Of course, make it as specific (1-1-2021) or broad (Q1 2021) as you wish, but I feel like you have quite some things mapped out in the background and it might be nice to share some elements :wink:

2 Likes

Dev Blog 153 hasn’t been created yet @RubenGass. Dev Blog 152 is the latest.

3 Likes

Whoops, you are correct, edited it

3 Likes

Is anyone still having issues with passengers maxing out the queue for cars to pick them up? I jusr submitted bug 29511 if the devs see this. I am watching no cars arrive at my airport at all. If they do, they just go to the parking lots. None will pickup or drop off curbside.

1 Like

Guys, if you now have more contracts than your monitor resolution gets, you can’t see them all on screen anymore. It even cuts of the airport logo.
May could you split them up in several rows instead showing all in one line?

3 Likes

I have noticed since the Alpha 35 release, the flight generation seems to have gone back to random small municipal airports that otherwise do not see commercial service or would be incapable of handling larger aircraft. When the switch was first made to the community built databases, things seemed to work quite well, I noticed most flights were scheduled to airports that are capable of handling airline flights and already do handle airline flights. Since the most recent update, I am getting some random small town airports that are not capable of or do not have commercial service. For example, have a 777-300 to Paso Robles KPRB which does not have airline service (and really is not capable of a 777), A321 to Oconee County Regional KCEU, while it has “regional” in the title, it does not have and is not capable of airline service. Dobbins Air Reserve Base KMGE, is a military airbase and does not have a joint civil air terminal. Chehalis KCLS, no airline service and not capable.

Is the system drawing on runway length to generate flights? I can see a few other examples such as Stevens Point Municipal KSTE and McCall Municipal KMYL of being available in ACEO for flights on say a Caravan but not on a CRJ and certainly not with an A320 or 787.

Any chance some balancing or revert back to the originally implemented community developed airport list? At least balance it back so only larger population centers are getting flights on CRJs, 737s, A320s etc.

3 Likes

I must say, I never thought of using the staff zoning in that way, though I had used it to stop passengers taking staff shortcut doors and force them to take the scenic route via shops and cafes.

Great tip, thanks

1 Like

I think this works as long as there are no seating near by in the arrival area below. I didn’t have seating below as there was a long walk way to the baggage claim. but I know some people with this zoning had pathfinding issues when there was seating in the arrival area below because the departing pax couldn’t get to them to sit down. just keep that in mind

2 Likes

It can cause problem with pathfinding. For example pax might want to try to get to the departure desk from the arrival as it is considered one security area, or go down to washrooms you may have built for arriving passengers. It works better to completely separate them - that is have no secure zoning connecting them. You will then need to have ways for staff to enter and exit each secure area. I also allow a way out of departures secure zone for pax too in case their flight is cancelled or they miss it.

1 Like

Did this break earlier game saves? I’ve being trying to load A35.5-3 game saves and keep getting a Windows BSoD…

1 Like

I’ve written this somewhere else but we’ll take a good and proper look at the flight generation from start to finish in beta! :slight_smile:

No, we nothing relating to saving or loading was changed in this most recent update, only a few minor bug fixes. Does this happen with every save you load? New airports? What if you save a new airport and then load it?

5 Likes

All saves for airports under A35.5-4 load and run successfully.
All saves for airports saved prior to A35.5-4 dropping (A35.5-3 and A35.5-2) all give Windows BSoD, or occasionally, a Unity error and back to Desktop.

The only difference between A35.5-4 builds is that some of the -4 saves have Mods included (mainly custom airlines). I uninstalled/unsubscribed all mods/reinstalled ACEO to eliminate this and still the pre- -4 saves do not load.

1 Like

I know my airport is a bit oversized but it’s a good example how the current aircraft pathfinding breaks the whole game. I don’t know how it would be when we now get emergencies.

Biggest issues causing all the troubles in the video:

• Aircrafts block the whole path they need from gate to runway / runway to gate.
    Some planes wait for hours to cross an intersection which is free for hours, because the plane who blocks the path is blocked by another plane. And that plane is blocked by another and so on.
  • Medium aircrafts do only use the medium runway to start instead the two large one where they are also allowed to start at
  • Arriving aircrafts choose random a runway instead trying to use the closest one. This causes that the path around the whole airport is blocked

Here a short time-lapse. At the end it was like this for more than 24 ingame hours.

I really hope this is going to be addressed in A36 and not postponed until Beta. As far as I remember when I started to play last November, it worked much better.

5 Likes

Hey no-fun,
Hey everybody,

I know the taxi-system - although it has improved a lot already - is annoying sometimes. But for the size of your airport the traffic flow is not too bad, though. I mean you do have a pretty constant flow and a pretty good line up behavior, so the planes are taking off one after the other. I mean I have taxi times up to one and a half hour for arriving planes, which is quite unrealistic. But the turnaround time is also unrealistic, which means that the taxi time is in most cases in proportion to the turnaround time not too bad, indeed.

But what I can definitly understand is your second point. Due to my “weak” Laptop, I cannot run more then three our four big birds at the same time, but since I don´t want to miss them, I have (only) four large stands. And to run those an the large runway is

• on the one hand very expensive for only 16 flights per day.
  • And on the other hand it is very unefficient that my small and medium aircraft squeeze at the Medium RWs, although the large one is totally free.

I do not really understand, why there is an option to choose which aircraft are allowed to use a specific RW, when the planes ignore this anyway… So this option is quite pointless, I guess.

Another matter is the Runway Entry/Exit behaviour: For some reason the planes ignore the direction settings when they use them for Taxiing (And not for lining up or vacating).

Greetings
Leon

1 Like