Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

I think the new security zone overlay is way to bright and bold. It hurts my eyes when I look at it.

6 Likes

There is new research required. Terminals take two days to unlock.

Can this be implemented for All zones such as shops food and baggage claim. This would be hugely beneficial. @Olof @Fredrik

4 Likes

yup, I agree, the fact that medium gates jetbridges connect centered on one tile and medium gates are divided between 2 tiles makes for very inconsistent building with foundation. you pretty much have to have a straight wall up against the stand all the way along the stand… or if you try to build fingers to the jet bridges you have to connect with 3 tiles for medium and 2 for large stands. it looks uneven, OR to make them look the same you have to ue 4 tiles and the medium stand isn’t centered… DESIGN NIGHTMARE FOR Airport CEOs!! :cry: . no longer can you design fingers with the foundation to to the stand jetbridge because of the difference between the 2 stands. I really wish that the medium stand would be like the large stand and join the terminal between 2 tiles now that there are 4 small squares for the jet bridge connection.

1 Like

Love the high-speed high capacity elevators. I built an exit stairs from a large gate, with an elevator next to it. It was fun to watch all 300 passengers exit the aircraft stream into the elevator - not one used the stairway. Love the elevators, but looks like some balancing on how they’re used by path-finding is in order.

But at least I can just use elevators at the gates - save a lot of room and very efficient.

1 Like

With the Medium gates, can’t you have the door one tile in (and have the passengers walk to the side)? That outdoor foundation will look ugly, so you might want to cut that piece altogether.

I agree with this. Either it would be nice to be able to see something through the zone layers or it would be nice if the zone layers didn’t turn on every time you click to build an item. I have to turn off zoning off (“Z”) every time because I can’t see where I want to place the item and that gets annoying after a while.

2 Likes

i found a very odd stats for baggage even airport has no baggage system
see bump on stats however airport has no belts or transporters

1 Like

Pathfinding for walkalators has not yet been optimised, as with elevators the devs first want to have a stable build and then start working on pathfinding and extra options. At the moment PAX are indeed not very ‘clever’ in using the walkalators, I’ve just build walls to create a funnel and filled it with walkalators and that works fine :slight_smile: Not the ideal solution and maybe a design pain, but remember we are still testing an Alpha game :wink:

1 Like

PROBLEM FOUND! Despite multiple terminal support, many passengers still park at parking lots that are in a different, unconnected terminal, and cannot reach their flights because of this.

And also now if I have an elevator and escalators, every single passenger chooses the elevator.

Disappearing Walls bug: ACEO-25392

Posting here because the bug report can include only a single screenshot. The first image shows a door leading to a Small Stand. There was a Wall piece above the Small Door and two below. Upon saving the game and reloading, those wall pieces have disappeared. The second image shows that every Small Stand and Door combo suffers the same fate. And, yes, I’ve rebuilt the walls only to see them disappear again.

20200417130734_1

1 Like

Don’t all stands now get a four wide entrance?

I hope not. If so, that should revert back.

I think they have. 2 wide for departing pax and 2 wide for arriving pax

1 Like

With the multiple secure zones bug, simply restart the game and all is fine

If so, that’s an absurd design. Pax will not enter and leave simultaneously. IRL, that is not the case.

@dallas it was designed that way due to the ACEO community wanting a way to separate the arriving and departing passengers. There was a whole debate on the topic.

1 Like

And this was the BEST solution? LOL Gotta wonder what the worst was.

1 Like

It works better with jet bridge stands so you can divide the flow. This is the compromise due to the lack of one way logic.

1 Like

When I heard about segregation I though there would have been two new type of zoning for departures and arrivals… just the entrance and exit at the gate isn’t enough to implement a segregation system… people are still coming and going all over the place…

(Can we at least have the option to switch the order of the entry and exit at the gate? @Olof )

2 Likes