Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

New, small update today on the experimental branch with what we believe is a fix for the randomly disappearing terminal foundation tiles as reported above!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 35.5-3

Bug

• [ACEO-28422] - Delivery site cannot be built on service road
  • [ACEO-28425] - Various objects can over time degrade and disappear after save and reload
  • [ACEO-28471] - Disable arrival only airside shuttle bus stop from being connected to stand if stand does not have a connection to a departure airside shuttle bus stop
  • [ACEO-28516] - Swiftly and Stripe Air share the same IATA code
11 Likes

Wait… we now can build them on service roads! Does that include the contractor site though?

1 Like

I see, LTN is twice in the AirportData.json
“id”: 2419 is the correct LTN
“id”: 317800 is the wrong one

image image

/edit:
Latitude/longitude of Amritsar seems to be wrong as well

31.704663848 74.792830162

3 Likes

Can confirm, got this issue from experimental. I guess it is low priority for now.

Could you check the data for Hyderabad Airport (HYD/VOHS) in India? Whenever I try to click there on the map, the location shows up as ‘Longyearbyen’…

I have a problem. All my shops and food contracts have been completed. But they don’t go away. And i can’t cancel them. Airport is almost done. And i want to upload it to the workshop. But i need to fix this first.

They auto-continue when they are completed. Click on the blue contract sign and cancel from there. This is how it should work.

1 Like

I know this is a very minor issue, but can we change the notification for “Passengers can’t reach customs” to “Passengers can’t reach immigration control”? Customs =/= Immigration Control, and some players might get confused building their airport and cannot find customs under their menu.

2 Likes

I’ve just had to wind my game back 14 (real) minutes as I put down a new medium boarding desk for a remote stand on the ground floor immediately underneath a boarding desk for a jetway attached stand, and when I went to connect it to the remote stand it had auto-attached itself to the same stand as the jetway attached one - and that was loaded with 7 days’ worth of scheduled flights…

Why does it do this?

I had to sit and watch the boarding desk be built by the contractors and pause the game immediately it was built so that I could get in with the connection I wanted before the auto-connect barged in.

Both of these two aspects will be resolved in Alpha 36 as the notification system is overhauled. More details on that later.

6 Likes

Alpha 35.5-3 is now deployed on the default branch!

9 Likes

Well, my concern is not about the notification but the text itself, since it’s misleading. But would this mean a move towards a more visual notification system?

Tried that, if i press the blue button. It shows the contract under tab → Accepted contracts, and i can’t sing new one, i don’t think. Will check again. This is what i see when i press the blue button.

Had that, too. The first time you have o wait, till the full time is over. Than it starts from new and than you can cancel it.

1 Like

@Olof

After reading this, I implemented this by adding a passport check facing the opposite direction at the entrance to the International zone for departing passengers. While it serves its function to allow an international departing passenger that missed their flight to exit the zone and airport, it generates a huge number of path finding errors as many arriving passengers, as they exit the jet bridge, target that single passport control desk to exit and obviously have no way to get there. They have a clear path to the designed exit but need to use an escalator up to a different floor. After several minutes standing in the jet bridge exit, it seems a new path is generated to the appropriate passport control desk to exit the international zone.

Same issue occurs with restroom. Arriving international passengers always want to use the restroom in the international departures area instead of the restroom on the floor above in the international arrivals area.

Both bug reported, ACEO-28538 covers the restroom issue and ACEO-28542 covers the other one.

Will it be possible in a future update to allow international departing passengers to depart without needing to go through passport control? That is how it is handled in the US, you only need to go through passport control when you arrive from an international location. I could also see this making it possible to use a gate for domestic and international flights.

That worked. Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

If you ensure you have one square wide separation between your departure secure zone and arrival secure zone, this should not happen (you need un-zoned between them or a wall, window or hedge, which all remove the zoning below them). You can create this separation at the gate, but you have to ensure it remains unconnected all along the way. That is, you cannot have a staff door between the two secure zones, as that would connect them together. So you will need separate entrance and exit from each secure zone for your staff.

1 Like

Thanks, will double check but pretty sure everything is walled off around the jet bridge exit. Both levels (the upper level has the arrival international zone and lower level is the departure international zone) show International Zone 1 so I must be missing a connection somewhere. I did ensure that my walls extended to the 1 square covered by the jet bridge exit.

HYD Airport is not in the list.

When will the freight part be available? @Olof