Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

It doesn’t make sense I think… international zone is for people leaving country so their passport have to be checked. I was only once in US, but as far as I remember I had to show my passport at the passport control

But I agree that pax sometimes try to find way to departing only zone and that is causing freezing :frowning:

Do we know if it will be possible to assign more then one airline to a stand and to the lounges. That would make everything much better imo. :slight_smile:

As I said, something we’ll talk about more later… :wink:

No, as I’ve mentioned in a few different places we cannot accommodate every single type of airport layout. It’s just too complex while not being worthwhile from a gameplay aspect.

That’s not something we have planned for the 1.0 release.

That’s something we’ll look at for beta.

8 Likes

That’s… weird. Especially considering it’s the 4th busiest airport in India…

As an update, I did double check, I see no way the jet bridge exit leads to any connection with the international departures area. It is completely surrounded by a wall. I even removed the international zone from under the wall just to be sure.

I don’t really understand why the difference either, but in the US, when I board an international flight, I do not go through Customs and Boarder Protection and have my passport stamped. Only the gate agent checks my passport. Only when entering the US do you go through a passport control with Customs and Boarder Protection.

Figured I would ask and see if it could just be an optional thing, kinda like how it is now an option to have baggage claim inside or outside of the security zone.

I see why they have passport implemented the way they do and desks at entry and exit of international zones. But yes, I agree. It would be nice to have (like many terminals in the US and other parts of the world… “Swing Gates” where it’s an international/domestic gate and passports are checked at the boarding gate. Maybe a toggle for gate boarding desk would be an option for a “passport check” instead of placing passport desks to get into the international zone to make this possible. Then pax could still board an international or domestic flight but then arrivals would follow the international zone to customs and domestic would go through the terminal for domestic baggage. Then international pax would still shop and sit and you wouldn’t have to segregate an international zone and just zone international from boarding to the gate or just arrival international zoning or something… hope that makes sense. Just an idea, but I totally understand why it is implemented the way it is. A boy can dream right? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For sure there is a passport check before you board the plane, even in the US. I can only speak for flying out of Miami, but there was a desk before going through security were my passport was scanned. It may not look really like a Customs and Border Protection checkpoint, but leaving a country is often different to entering a country. And as a resident of a country you never (barely) get a stamp when you leave or enter.
For me it is the same, when I leave or enter the Schengen-Area the passport is also only scanned, but I don’t get a stamp.

Nope, flying to Europe in Atlanta, walk directly to the gate and board the aircraft.

The gate agent will verify you have a valid passport but that is it. Never encounter a CBP officer when leaving.

Bug 28663, employees are parking personal vehicles in passenger-only parking lots. There are no passengers at the airport as it is “Closed” because I am still hiring enough staff numbers.

Depends on the airport. Most major airports you do need to go through a passport check to get into the international departure lounge. This occurs in Vancouver (YVR). In Victoria (YYJ), a much smaller airport, you show your passport at the boarding desk, but share departure lounge with domestic flights. Pretty well every European airport I have been too has an International departure lounge with passport check to get in to it.

1 Like

Yep, noticed that in Europe, every place I have flown out of you go through passport control to leave too.

Look, I am not trying to make a big deal out of this. It was just a suggestion for a relatively simple feature and to give the player options in building their airport as things are handled differently in different countries and airports. Not saying the developers need to make everything possible so every conceivable airport can be recreated. There are several other features that have been suggested that are optional and lets you tailor the airport to whatever it is you want it to be, thought this could be one as well.

My real point was all the path finding issues it throws at you which is rather annoying. Figured this could be one solution to the problem, obviously, I think it needs to be solved with the way international zones are currently utilized.

The current solution is not only in use in Europe. Also Asian countries or other areas ay well have it like this.

If we think in the way of an unexperienced player who is not an airport exper, it would make sense to enter and leave an international zone by a passport control.

But anyway, always interesting to hear other concepts. :slight_smile:
(Especially from that country who makes the most annoying restrictions for travellers and airlines crossing US borders)

I reported this bug a week or so ago. I love how contracts renew when fulfilled but there is no way to cancel a contract and you can’t delete a franchise room when its still active. and they just keep renewing. But I want to renovate my terminal and I can’t get rid of the shop/food franchise. as you can see no buttons at the bottom of the contract to cancel etc, Is this being looked into @Olof

Correction, I can now delete the room. I couldn’t before. will we get the option to cancel contracts again? instead of just deleting the room? incase we want to change shops at that location.

Correction 2. I hace 2 contracts that are cancelable and 3 that are not.

it seems to show up on some and but not all

anyhow reported again ACEO-28695

Problem is, an unexperienced player would view the scope from the lens of their own country’s policies. Which is what led to the questions and demands for their country-specific settings.

I keep having a bug with one specific large (also international) stand, with a jetway, where passengers somehow end up stranded on the stand, unable to find a path to the secure zone exit. After a S&RL it is resolved, but it always comes back, always with random flights, but always the same stand. I reported it last night, but forgot to mention here. New bug report - 28700.

US used to be an exception. But this I believe was repealed by Trump and there are now passport checks when leaving.

Still even before the Trump repeal, the US still knew in advance who was leaving (in case there was a court order, etc)

Found a minor interesting thing. Apparently planes come in with a percentage of their % cleaning turnaround progress finished. Got a 757-200 with a 9% cleaning turnaround progress even when the plane hasn’t deboarded yet.

Perhaps it refers to how clean the aircraft is when it arrives? Not all planes in real life arrive clean, just as not all of them arrive trashed. I’ve had experience with that as a former ramp agent doing cabin cleaning on terminators.

If I remember correctly this only happens if the cleaning truck is already on the stand and I assume it is meant to mimic that the galley can be cleaned (or some other minor tasks) even if the aircraft is not empty yet.