Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

Hard to say exactly what the problem might be without looking at the save. In general, we know that here are some flaws which will be addressed while doing this change.

2 Likes

Any issues with passengers sitting on chairs? Benches?

1 Like

28835 - PAX don’t go through security. They stay in line in the queue and then just leave.

Anyone else got this?

EDIT: But planes leave on time. Boarding completed even though noone has boarded

1 Like

Ok I will do a bug report and send it to you.

1 Like

I don’t segregate departing and arriving passengers airside in my terminals, so they have access to the facilities within the terminal, and once landside, they go to check in to sit in the comfy chairs while waiting for their bags to appear on the carousels, despite there being seating right next to them. They have thus previously had access to whatever cafe has been in the check in area, but still didn’t contribute to its success…

1 Like

This is incorrect, there is no formal passport control when leaving the US, by that, I mean you do not go to an automated kiosk or manned both and have your passport checked or stamped by a CBP officer. Once you check in, you simply go to the gate. For example, I could be flying on a domestic flight, I can still walk to a gate with an international departure, and can walk up and down the same international terminal and use the same shops and restaurants.

Your passport data is transmitted electronically from your airline to CBP, so yes there is a check going on in the background but my point, and how it relates to Airport CEO, is a passenger does not need to have a physical check by an officer in order to access an international terminal and board an international flight.

1 Like

I have done a bug report with I’d ACEO-28869. Can please look into it for me? Thanks

1 Like

there is few execeptions - some airport have separate termials or conocurses which require exiting and reentering it or transfering

1 Like

Provide an example of a US airport that when you depart for an international destination, your passport is checked and stamped by a CBP official. I do not know of any as the CBP policy is currently to have all international departing passenger information transmitted to them electronically by the airline. If there is an issue, it should prevent a boarding pass from being issued. A CBP officer can do an inspection at the gate if needed but that is not the norm.

1 Like

I just realized something… points to you if you figure it out!

Alpha 35 (0) = BA-A350-1000-678x381
Just thought I’d mention it, even though someone is probably going to take it down. Just thought some humor wouldn’t hurt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that sucker landing on the taxiway? :open_mouth:

1 Like

So. To the devs; I was really impressed with the game from alpha release up to and including A34. Unfortunately A35 has been a buggy mess and still is even though it’s not on experimental anymore. My entire airport is bugged, pax are stranded everywhere, builders can’t get to upper floors, vehicles behaving badly and can not find destinations even though everything worked exceptionally well with A34.

I am now going to build a new airport from scratch with A35 and see if those bugs still exist. (BTW thanks for fixing the “cannot remove active runway node” bug I reported.) It is possible my underground walkways couldn’t connect to the upper floors (both were international zones) and causing lots of extra security zones that didn’t connect. I don’t know, I will see.

My only wish is that I could sell the airport as with materials, buildings and net worth, it is about $15M and that would be easy to start again, but I have to start at 1 or 2M depending on which difficulty I choose. (I never like to play unlimited money in any game, that’s not my style). That is what I would like for the game, selling the airport and starting over.

Anyway, I will no longer be playing experimental, though I will follow A36 as you develop it, with each update. I do have a save at A34 before A35, I save every alpha as a backup, but the airport was so piddly small compared to what I did in A35, it’s worth starting from scratch.

Thanks for reading my novel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that was quite the novel! Sorry about your airport though… wish I could help but I can’t. And about the British Airways flight… I am not sure about the taxiway. One can always wonder though… :thinking: However… I don’t think British Airways is Air Canada. Or is it… :canada:

1 Like

@Olof
my plane can’t load all of my passengers on the remote stands. So the plane keep waiting till the end of the world but still there are no other passengers boarding.

Has this bug fixed before? It happens again

1 Like

I have had that issue. When I looked at the bus stand for that flight, the bus was at the bus stop without all the passengers on board. There were mega-queues at my food franchise, and some of the PAX for that flight were still in the queue. There’s no way to tell the bus to depart without them so the plane can board and leave, so it sits on the stand waiting for the bus…

I put in another food franchise, and the queues reduced to the extent that the remote stands worked properly again.

2 Likes

Not all major updates have been or are going to be great, as we’ve flagged for a few times, “the game will become worse before it gets better” which is why we’re now targeting a rapid development for Alpha 36 so that we can get all content in and then start with a ruthless beta period where we’ll go through the entire game from start to “finish”. Alpha 35 particularly introduces a lot of fundamental changes compared to Alpha 34 which mostly contained expanding features building on top of proven systems.

What we’re seeing in the backlog right now is, as you mention, a lot of stuck pax issue reports. 9/10 of those that I load contain some form of design issue which is an indication that we need to work on the design interaction and understandability aspect of the game which is exactly what we’re doing in Alpha 36 right now. Thus, it makes a lot more sense from a development and time management perspective to fix the fundamental issue most people are having a problem with in Alpha 35 as part of Alpha 36 right now. The game does, and rightfully so, still carry the early access label.

I think that’s a good idea, Alpha 34 airports may in some cases not function reliably on Alpha 35 because of the nature of those fundamental changes. If you do however construct a new Alpha 35 airport and experience issues despite being confident in the design, it for sure warrants a bug report. There are most likely some issues out there but since almost every “stuck pax” bug report I load has some form of design issue it makes, as I said, more sense to focus on the tool and interaction enhancement of Alpha 36.

This is a known issue caused by talisman’s description and something we’ll look at properly during beta.

6 Likes

It would be great if we can give the planes an option to wait max X minutes and then leave, instead of waiting forever for the last pax to appear at the gate

2 Likes

Yes please! How many times do we the public playing this Alpha as a test bed for you, need to beg for a way to dismiss remote aircraft and/or their buses with most of the passengers on the bus?? These remote aircraft have been in for how many Alphas now? And how many times have I made AND SEEN this request!? PLEASE!!! :sleepy: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

1 Like

Guys, you do know there is an option to manually dismiss an aircraft from a stand, right? Just right-click the stand, and click the Dismiss Flight link. Done.

5 Likes

You already can dismiss an aircraft. Click on the stand and click the icon of a plane with a red X through it. Do this, and baggage cart, stairs, turnaround services move away, pushback tugs connects and pushed the aircraft back and it departs.

3 Likes