Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

Thanks, but i see that the problem is that people passing security trying to get to sitting in the baggage claim. I thought passengers should be human and donā€™t see through walls.
Passengers in real life - ā€œLets search for a sit around me that i can see and then sit thereā€.
Passengers in ACEO - ā€œOh here is a sit in the other side of the airport i can see through the wall, but i canā€™t reach so lets try sit there, oh i canā€™t get thereā€ (red ā€œ!ā€ mark canā€™t path find to the location).
So Annoying!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about this, but Iā€™d like to get some opinions as well.

Is it possible/better for the hangars to be detached from ā€œEmergency Response Unitā€ and instead attached to the Commercial License research itself? Playing this on Very Hard, researching the hangars takes up a long time, and within that time frame enough things would have gone wrong that it stalls at least 5 of the stands. This can lead to a snowball of bankruptcy if the player donā€™t have enough cash by itself.

4 Likes

I agree, maybe there should be an incident free period after researching the commercial license to give the player some breathing room. Even when I started researching emergency units right away, I would get damaged planes that had to wait about a day for the research to be completed.

3 Likes

I reported a new bug where construction stops when materials abruptly stop being delivered. The bug was reported ona a brand new game after this happened on a previous game.

I think the JIRA card number was ACEO-31496 (the report confirmation cleared before I could write it down).

I did have a large number of pending construction objects, 5,567 in total. Iā€™ve tried quiting and reloading the game, firing/rehiring contractors, deleting and rebuilding the delivery site but nothing seems to restart the construction.

I deleted all objects pending construction and noticed that there are still 128 ā€œphantomā€ objects pending construction even though thereā€™s nothing left to build on any levels.

3 Likes

Could we maybe get a field for free/occupied aircraft hangers, like the PAX/VEHICLE count, in the bottom bar?

4 Likes

how can i change on my saved airport the rating that i can have 5 star airline contracts?
need it to test a mod :slight_smile:

never mind, i found the json entries in gamedata.json

but that leads to a question @Fredrik @Olof is it possible that we Moders can have in the moddata.json a rating field too that will show on steam? i mean, i can see with A36 many requests ā€œyour mod isnā€™t offering contractsā€ and then it leads that they donā€™t have the correct rating airport for a higher class mod

3 Likes

Yes for the longest of times I was wondering why my ANZ contract was not showing. Only took me days to realise itā€™s because it was a five star contract. Iā€™ve now split the contract in half. Domestic is three stars and International is five stars.

I can see lots of this ā€œmod is not workingā€ as well.

2 Likes

Just found out you can drag fences outside the build area (and not remove them after) - 31506

Just had the non building issue after that incident, but I have an economy crash active, no idea if that is part of the issue. - 31509

This happened just after unlocking 3th and 4th airport block, could that be part of the issue?

Btw, it is very hard to explain when the delete bug happens.

2 Likes

Same here, also reported it.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve deployed a hot fix for the construction material issue, Alpha 36.2-3, so same version number as before! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi all!

I have been testing the latest version and when the constructors finished making several constructions, I wanted to put the bird control (the Bird-strike prevention device), but I did not find it, very rare. I had seen it before, but it is not there now. Have you been removed from the game?

2 Likes

Have you checked the runway? Itā€™s part of the upgrades

4 Likes

Thank you very much! :smile:

I could not find it, I was looking for it to place it near the aircraft runways, assuming they are placed there.

If there is any idea where the bird controls are placed I could use the information.

A hug! :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

This might just be me, but I have seen several other people report this as well. A36 seems to be relatively unstable with regards to the engine itself.

• The game seems to crash whenever we quit. Others reported this when saving and quitting to desktop, but I have this problem when I save and quit to the main menu as well. I am able to load games fine though.
  • Following on that, I feel that the main menu itself is getting a bit unstable as well. Iā€™ve seen for a brief moment that the player character warps a bit when I type in the name field.
  • Is it intentional that the Unity launch options is no longer visible? In A35, the player get to choose whether to launch the game windowed/fullscreen, graphics quality, and resolution before launching the game itself, but now, the game is directly launched without bringing up the launch options anymore.
  • And a personal problem for me, but I notice that the engine gets a bit laggy when it terminates the game. Steam client always freezes whenever I exits from the game, and this is a recurring problem from me since A35. Granted I have a weak PC, so thereā€™s that.

PS: donā€™t know others, but Iā€™m using Windows (8.1).

3 Likes

Place it along the runway. The BSPS has a radius, make sure you place enough to cover the whole runway.

2 Likes

Where have you seen this? We had an initial problem in the first launches where the client would not quit correctly due to thread leaks but that was fixed. In the backlog we have about one or two out of 130 or so reported Alpha 36 bugs, mentioning client instability, so the recorded amount we have on that topic is lower than 1%. Can you reference these complaints anywhere?

2 Likes

Crash

crash-2

From the Discord.

2 Likes

Well we would need a lot more details in order to decipher what is going on, either here in this topic or via mail to us on support@airportceo.com.

2 Likes

Unity sends crash-reports every-time you have a +2h game session atm, on closing the game. Win10, RTX card.

Any specifics that can help you? DxDiag? sysinfo?

ā€œAnd a personal problem for me, but I notice that the engine gets a bit laggy when it terminates the game. Steam client always freezes whenever I exits from the gameā€

This I have had for like a year already? It seems the cloud sync is very heavy somehow.

2 Likes

Can you drop the save this happens with to support@airportceo.com?

2 Likes