Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

Is this already an admission that the dev blog scheduled for Wednesday (19th August) will be a day late?

3 Likes

Are strikes dependant on salary or training levels? Sort of employee satisfaction rate?

2 Likes

I experienced a few issues (which is understandable - itā€™s experimental)

• Where did the staff job tasks list go? It used to be in the operations menu, but thatā€™s no longer the case. Do I need an executive now?

• The engine start sound is played despite the fact that the vehiclesā€™ exhausts are emitting fumes during the entire turnaround process.

• Larger medium category planes stick their nose out of the hangar.

• Ambulance doesnā€™t use the siren when exiting airport. (Maybe itā€™s intended, but I would expect it to sound the siren on the way to the hospital)

3 Likes

So I was testing the Path Analysis tool, and it seems like itā€™s either broken or not working as intended.

Summary

See how the path analysis canā€™t identify straight through different zones. It fails to check from open to secure area, secure to international area, and open to international area. This also applies for the Employee path tool.

Unrelated, but there might be a bit of old data stored in the path analysis tool? As I first started it up this appeared, seeing as how itā€™s Year 1 instead of the current Year 13.

Summary

3 Likes

what happened to the other post?

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your detailed bug reports, already! We have our work cut out for us today and will be back with the first update later tonight.

No, old saves are perfectly compatible with this update as ususal! :slight_smile:

Weā€™ve cleaned out the development panel as we found that a lot of players used it without knowing exactly what they weā€™re doing, broke the game and then filed bug reports. Because of that we decided to make it less accessible and hid a lot of its commands in the development console instead to avoid these types of very, very time consuming issues.

Bug report it!

Yes, but you wonā€™t be able to get the colored wings unless you mod the Saab. Fredrik will provide an example on how to do this hopefully later this week.

No, I had the wrong date, it will be out the 19th.

They depend on their overall happiness of employees, so itā€™s a weighted score of their salary, how rested they are (i.e. if they get any break between jobs) and how relieved they are (toilet). We will find a way to better expose this in the UI and also add a staff strike cool down so that itā€™s not spamming those of you who areā€¦ bad employersā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

No, itā€™s been removed as it was very rarely used. The statistics part can be seen in a pop-up panel on the lower build menu (hover over the employee counter) but the detailed job per container view is gone as it was poorly designed, poorly performant and not used.

Currently it can only analyze paths within the specific zones, will seek to fix that in a future update.

7 Likes

Hey Olof,

Iā€™m enjoying the new update. Good work !
But can you please bring back the deploy and dismiss all contractors button on the construction screen ?

4 Likes

I used it all the time :rofl:

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been told to renegotiate contracts, and right now, my contractor costs are $0.00 per hour, and fuel costs are $0.00 per litre!

Edit 1: Also I donā€™t really think this is really compatible with old saves. I tried loading an old save, and Iā€™ve had five bird strikes before I could research and build all the necessary equipment. Thatā€™s $500,000 worth of fines!

Edit 2: see screenshot belowā€“Iā€™ve got two GA emergencies simultaneously (and you can see a ā€˜beautifulā€™ plane on fire)ā€¦ really?! Edit 2A: now that Iā€™ve got a maintenance hangar connected, one of my 2 damaged aircraft is stuck inside repairing itself without end. Guess I should send that aircraft to the graveyard instead?

Any idea how to revert to the old version if I start having issues playing this update? But looks great (for now)!

2 Likes

Low FPS between 1-20. ACEO-31244 reported!

3 Likes

Yes, my FPS has taken a dive too.

3 Likes

no worry, i can add wings, did that for several planes allready :laughing:

3 Likes

Me too, itā€™s a shame there isnā€™t a replacement. :frowning_face: While the UI design wasnā€™t the best, it still gave me a rough idea of how many employees I need. Now, I just have to guess based on built facilities.

4 Likes

How did a massive list full of containers with very specific details about specific jobs tell you how many employees you needed? I am genuinely interested, just loading all of those containers on a large save could take several secondsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@OKChris Iā€™ve got used to the info panel at the bottom now, that helps you work out how many you need.

3 Likes

Probably a byproduct of the ambulances itself, but

Summary

2 Likes

Also on a side note, clicking has become a bit buggy. For example, I was clicking on walls, and it doesnā€™t seem to want to click it. Had to exit from the build ā€œmenuā€ and return back to make it active. This also applies for demolition, sometimes it just isnā€™t active.

How does one spawn emergencies through the dev console? I wanted to try spawning air ambulances to test stuff.

5 Likes

Did the economy/finance stuff get re-tweaked as well? I find that Iā€™ve been losing money steadily since the update.

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe so.

2 Likes

Yeah mate, I was building up and got two strikes a day or two apart after resolution and couldnā€™t figure out why through any panel (eventually figured it was because I had no bathroom, which I do figure would be displeasing for my admins. working 12 hour shifts lol

2 Likes