Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

On that, I’m also having a problem with staff not sitting down in the sofas within secure area staff rooms despite going into them. I find that by zoning them secure again it seems to solve the problem, and they start resting and regaining energy, but it’s a bit strange that I have to rezone them as secure every so often.

2 Likes

Ah, found out why. The aircraft/airline fees have been reset, so until contract negotiation, all flights are earning $0/flight.

3 Likes

Wait, are we talking about the same thing? I meant the panel that says whether you have surplus staff or not. The list of job tasks was useless, but the bottom part would for example tell me if i have enough ramp agents during “rush hour” in my airport.

3 Likes

OK I figured out what I did wrong. I didn’t manually assign the emergency flight to a stand. I got that by reading the emergency blog that was linked to at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So did i. But i did notice when i help someone they never knew how to use the information.

3 Likes

Mystery solved, I found it. Thanks @Rubble and sorry for the confusion.

4 Likes

If you keep having issues, and want to wait for it to stabilise, you could go to the default branch untill the experimental is stabilised.

2 Likes

Any idea what happens to the flight after it lands, you extinguish the fire, it goes into the hangar, and then…? Because mine just disappeared, but the timer is still ticking up for time elapsed, and it’s now stuck at 50% complete, with no further actions.

3 Likes

It’s a bug. It’s supposed to be resolved once the plane takes off. I had that happen to me, emergency landing cause of bird strike.

Save and reload should fix it on your end.

2 Likes

I’m late to the party! :slight_smile: Can’t wait to spend a few hours playing this game today!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What I did, didn’t work, I keep getting GA emergency bird strikes and the flights don’t land. Only once I got a commercial flight bird strike and I didn’t assign a gate.

So now with the GA emergencies I keep failing and getting fined 100k each time. (I’m playing on medium so the emergencies are happening often, not rare)

Do I have to close the runway to allow the emergency to land??

Sorry tweetaport, I haven’t been able to sucessfully resolve a bird strike emergency yet, just the broken down aircraft which have been found defective by ramp agents on the walk around.

2 Likes

The GA issue is a known bug, working on it right now, nothing you can do until its resolved with the update! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Several interesting visual bug for the medium hangar. Aside from the nose of some aircrafts poking out,

Aircraft and the bottom lines are not visible in hangar view.

Summary

Meanwhile, I think the lines/ground are buried under the snow.

Summary

======
Also to add, deboarding procedures for emergency landings doesn’t seem to work. No pax ever deboard, but it’s still counted as completed anyways.

3 Likes

I managed to work one GA emergency, but that was by building GA stands in excess of offered flights (so I had 20 GA stands to 2 runways, which were previously averaging 18 occupied stands at a time).

And for commercial, I’ve had to build an extra stand, and unassign auto-scheduler from that stand so it’s always free. Otherwise, I just find it’s impossible without cancelling a scheduled flight!

And one suggestion: to have red lights for the fire trucks that respond, rather than blue (which I tend to associate with police or ambulances), although maybe that’s not the case in some countries?

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting that!!

3 Likes

Ah, thank you Olof. I will wait for the update then. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m staying on default for the moment, until all the early bugs get ironed out…

Can the Staff jobs list be split at some point so that we can see the situation at an individual terminal? It’s all very well being told e.g. that we are 3 Ramp Agents short, but in which terminal are they needed?

2 Likes

This is already implemented.

8 Likes

How do i reset Stand warnings? I forgot to buy a Pushback Truck, now i got the a big red exclamation mark “…Consider purshasing a Pushback Truck” and can’t get rid of it. Reload did it.

2 Likes

Why is it possible to start with a 3 star rated airport? I thought, that we‘ll start with 0 stars and we‘ll have to go our way up to 5 stars?

3 Likes