Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

Also another bug I found: got this emergency with no text on it.

The log only states this

[08/17/2020 19:10:49] -
8/17/2020 7:10:49 PM Log
[INCIDENT]: An incident text was not correctly returned!

I’m guessing this might be the medevac/air ambulance, since I have never gotten this anymore.

3 Likes

Two bug reports submited! Great update

3 Likes

31315 - Open GA stand, that shows closed.

Summary

I can open a new R&D project, while non are available.

Summary

Notification without information on hover

Summary

Statistics menu toolbar is off-screen.

Summary

Can we get a PIN for staff information window, while having it as menu that can dragged. Same for vehicles.

Is it possible to SAVE the DAILY as persistent between saves?

Can emails for contract negotiation have a direct like to active contracts?

Contract rating dependencies are not listed on the hover info.

Can staff applicant templates please be frozen on hover, so, when an update hit, the employee cards will maintain their own position. So, when hiring someone, you hire the one you want to hire, in stead of the one incoming suddenly. ~ Also, filter persistence between hiring and firing is still absent.

Why is the Stair Truck sorted in Transit, and not Aircraft?

3 Likes

Good evening, the GA bug turned out to be more challenging than expected hence the late deployment but better late then never! :slight_smile: More updates to roll out the rest of the week, if your specific bug isn’t mentioned in this update log we have not had time to check it yet. Here’s Alpha 36.2-1:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 36.2-1

Bug

• [ACEO-31208] - Admins do not stop working when a staff strike is triggered
  • [ACEO-31218] - Emergency tutorial step not always realizing that a hangar has been built
  • [ACEO-31219] - De-icing build button missing icon
  • [ACEO-31221] - Missing text variable in emergency report e-mail
  • [ACEO-31223] - Radar tower build button missing header and description
  • [ACEO-31237] - Landing emergency aircraft can at certain points stall due to various null reference exceptions
  • [ACEO-31238] - Uncaught null reference exception when loading stand display can cause UI to freeze
  • [ACEO-31239] - GA aircraft affected by emergency on take-off can in most cases not land due to not being assigned a new arrival stand
  • [ACEO-31240] - Incorrect bold formatting in emergency introduction e-mail
  • [ACEO-31270] - Flight process panel notification icon can sometimes be displayed for GA aircraft

New feature

• [ACEO-31260] - Tutorial for security patrols added
9 Likes

Just had a crash, when exiting A-CEO while saving. Unity generated a report.

Can a double click on a category in vehicles please single out that category?

Also, please have the same filter system for staff, I like it a lot.

Should runways have a fire entree piece, that you can connect to a service street?

Hangers can be open and closed at the same time

Summary

Hangers build after an incident, are not recognized by pathfinder 31323. ~ maybe discard, I just found the toggle between GA and commercial, however, I did a reload in between.

Bird Strike reports do not report how to resolve an F issue into better result.

Why is not possible to force emergency flights on stands?

Emergency flights cannot be planed on a split day, but cannot be moved to the next day when its almost midnight.

Summary

With fences all around, can demolish tasks get prio above build tasks please? Now, if you want to build something on a fence location, you have to wait forever before you can build it.

After a lot of fines, I just build a small stand, for emergencies, how can I block all traffic on that stand, so its available for emergencies only?

Can the auto-planner kick in OFF mode when an emergency flight is inbound please.

I created a security route as specified by the tutorial, but it does not unlock, while the staff is already patrolling it. What is the trigger condition? It is not stated in the text. Oh, I think I see the problem, the trigger is non-existing, since if you switch to the list mode, security is not listed at all. Oh, it it listed after moving a lot of tabs. So, the list and steps are not in sync.

3 Likes

Just turn off auto-planner for that stand only. You can do it by clicking on the small settings buton and disableing auto planner.

6 Likes

Thx for that idea.

How do I disable the autoplanner on just one stand?

Ah, you can only disable the autoplanner, when it is active. That is weird.

2 Likes

Click in the circled areas:

Summary

Then:

It will turn auto planner off for only that stand.

4 Likes

The tutorial does not pass the Patrol Route step, I can assign and work both inside and outside patrols, and delete a route, nothing works. 31334

3 Likes

Bug report it. That is definatly a big issue.

2 Likes

This is probably too complex, but is there a possibility to have separate staff strikes? Like how unions are often related to each specific job type, and then of course, if you don’t handle those negotiations properly, more unions go on strike to support the originally striking union? That way the airport could still be semi-functional (reduced frequencies, etc.), and there’s a chance to work out which staff group needs better training/pay/hours/whatever?

Would be great if need for service road connection to runway was added as well. I was fined 300,000 for missing 3 emergencies because I hadn’t connected my runway to a service road (which wasn’t necessary previously). Or maybe add a requirement for service road connection before you can open a runway, like the need for entry/exit/ramps?

Haven’t figured out a way for GA flights yet–and I think @Olof did mention it’s a fix in progress. For the commercial flights, if you go into flight planner, under each individual stand the cog icon allows you switch auto-planner on/off for that stand. I leave my emergency stand on ‘off’, so I manually assign flights there.

3 Likes

Yes - but keeping one each of all three stand sizes is expensive and not being used by airlines.

3 Likes

Perhaps a feature could be to have a toggle on larger stands to allow smaller aircraft (like there is for runways)? Or better yet, a separate type of stand for emergencies, that must be built as a remote stand–e.g. for hijackings and the like where they are (generally) parked away from everyone else–and that do not need to be connected to a specific shuttle bus gate (because it would have to depend on whether that emergency flight were international or domestic).

2 Likes

Yeah, its very annoying, but its what I just created. Since you cannot force planes in.

I also do not get why there is an GA/COMM toggle on repair hangers.

2 Likes

Cohesion reporting mail has HTML stuff in the body - 31337

Summary

https://puu.sh/Gj4R6/6d72b4f5bf.png

2 Likes

Guess then we could get away with two - as there already is a toggle on the large stand to accept medium. Be nice to have same on medium to accept small aircraft.

4 Likes

With three emergency flights within minutes, had not had opportunity to buy fire engines yet, and could not get a stand cleared, so got hit with three fines. Deep in the red now. Can’t afford $300,000 to build a large stand simply to hold for emergencies. Nor $100,000 for a medium, etc.

3 Likes

Loans still open for you?

2 Likes

yes - good point

2 Likes

Can buildings automatically remove fencing please? Lust like doors do walls.

3 Likes