Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

Just build a medium hanger, after the emergency started, not found by pathfinder. 31339

Edit; Do not forget to assign push-back to an emergency stand

4 Likes

Is there a limit? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

3 Likes

I know vehicle costs are perhaps relatively negligible, but I’ve made do with free-roaming stair and push back trucks for those.

Wow. How large is your airport?! :scream:

3 Likes
Summary

This is it atm.

3 Likes
Summary

Mails really need a checklist, you now have no idea how to improve your emergency response, or have any diagnostics where it went wrong.

4 Likes

Yes, I had a look at it yesterday but could never reproduce it. Some weird edge case and will have a go for it today as well. Should only be single flights.

4 Likes

OK, I’m lost now. New airport, GA traffic only. No option to build or R&D emergencies. No emergency utilities or buildings. The easiest mode. Yet, I get a birdstrike flight and upon accepting it I am immediately fined with 100k.

Not great, deffinitely not well handled. How, what, when? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hey i found bug with pathing - its very wierd so i bug reported it
this case of public toilets on ground floor - pax got stuck there and wont leave room

Summary

3 Likes

The fact that medium and large planes can be combined in one stand, and small stands means you only need 2 kinds.

And in the end, it’s your choice how you want to run it. I like to keep my $100k, and I feel the missing opportunity cost of not having one isn’t worth converting it into a remote stand. If you want to maximize yours, then you better cancel the flight.

2 Likes

I don’t see the Saab 340 and MD-80

2 Likes

Saab is only on the emergency ambulance for now. MD-80 not yet implemented in game. Q300 is though.

2 Likes

Allright. So just in case someone is looking into the emergencies as I did. Hire procurement/strategy directors and research the emergencies even before you open the airport. :slight_smile: Income from GA does not come even close to 100k penalty on first emergency refusal.

2 Likes

So far, emergencies haven’t worked well for me. The game produced two staff strikes in about two game days, which is a lot of strikes. There’s no way to mitigate them or address them – you can only ensure them. That seems a little odd.

Staff strikes appear to mean that the airport completely stops operating for a period. In my case, the tab showing the duration counter stalled at 77.6%. When I restarted the game, the emergency tab had disappeared (I couldn’t find it elsewhere) and staff remained on strike perpetually. All airport operations stopped and staff gathered in the staff rooms and did nothing. That’s a bug. See screenshots below.

Honestly, I don’t see the point of these passive emergencies. They are just events that handcuff players at random points. You can’t “play” them, you just have to endure them. Not very fun, in my opinion.

Summary

5 Likes

Olof has mentioned that the amount of incidents are cranked up to 11 and will be dialled down. They are deliberately set high to ensure a sufficient amount of bugs are caught and eradicated. Don’t forget this is an experimental branch where things are tested.

I agree, they are, quite annoying. Some of this can be mitigated through the use of automation, though not an early game option and the other option is to not let it get to the point where your staff go on strike. A36 did change how I build and manage my airports.

5 Likes

I think the trick is to avoid them in the first place by keeping staff happy. Washrooms, food services, rest rooms, reasonable hours of work, etc.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that rest levels decrease at a rate far too fast, in which their entire rest bar depletes in an hour in a half. They also regenerate too slowly.

3 Likes

Do staff only purchase from vending machines? I haven’t seen them go to shops. And I would also add to make I hire adequate staff so (most) are always in ‘surplus’.

I know this may be politically incorrect, but I think that staff pay and work hours shouldn’t be a factor–it’s so variable in real life depending on where you work, it would be quite difficult to know what is ‘right’. For example, Europe has such good laws on worker benefits, and staff pay would have to be ‘exorbitant’ in the context of the game, whereas parts of Asia has such dreadful laws that workers are what I’d consider underpaid. That said, I do understand that the economics in certain countries work differently, and what I’d consider underpaid or excessive pay may only be ‘reasonable’ for quality of life in those places. The point is, which social system is this game calibrated in? And how are players going to adapt or adjust their mindset to it? Too difficult?

1 Like

Not exactly game breaking, but it’s not allowing repainting of ambulances.

Summary

2 Likes

It was a design choice that ambulances are not recolourable.

It does appear to be moddable though :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Well, that’s going to be fun :slight_smile: Opens up loads of possibilities.