Airport CEO Beta 1 released

@Olof, when will be the time for the general usability upgrades? Like baggage system assignments and such?

2 Likes

Forgive my ignorance in not checking before asking, but are they available to mod? And since we’re on this topic :wink: any idea when we will be able to mod the Saab340?

2 Likes

Well, one mod has been done :wink: and two for the Fokker 100, but I have a slight advantage :rofl: They are not released as I need the MDK too.

Spoiler

VA Regional is the other one underway but not ready.

4 Likes

Love the Qantas Link, and that’s one of what I want. I’m excited to see Zaha Hadid architects are doing the Western Sydney Airport and I decided to scale it to the world size; can’t wait for these for modding!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

They won’t try if it is a different secure area. This does work but takes a lot of planning. Just remember to allow a way out of departure in case of missed flights, and a way into arrival for staff (janitors etc).

1 Like

Might be silly question… my funds balance and hourly income boxes bottom right are blanked out, is there a setting I need to tweak in the JSON? I haven’t done so myself, but know how to if that’s the fix :slight_smile: cheers

1 Like

What do you mean with blanked out? Do you play on sandbox?

1 Like

Yes on that airport - is that part of the Beta that sandbox doesn’t show a balance? if so then thats the answer :slight_smile: wasn’t sure, it’s been there in past so confused me a bit

1 Like

If it’s a converted sandbox save from alpha, then everything is disabled. You can play in the gamedata.json

/Edit… wondering why sandbox is set as false in my savegame…

3 Likes

I believe it is in all for some reason. If you create a new game, it still is “false.”

@Olof, I am noticing newer builds I did in the earlier betas, as sandboxes, are removing all my sandbox details - it makes everything “true.” However, I made sure to enable emergencies. I believe this is the 2nd Beta update to affect an earlier Beta’s sandbox settings.

On top of that, if I now have unlimitedFunds: true & disableEconomySimulation: false, I no longer have an infinity sign as funds, and they now go up OR down.

1 Like

that makes sense… but I guess they can to the minus without any impact to your airport? As it was in alpha 36.

1 Like

They are spread out across the different betas, to see what we’re currently working on for beta 2 you can check out the Trello board. Not sure what you mean by “baggage system assignment” unfortunately.

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed with every Beta update, their security check points’ queues have passengers stall within the first few squares of the queue? Each update it seems like I have to close and re-open the check points to allow the passengers to progress through to security screening.

1 Like

In general, I think it would be good, if all items had a base “reset” on them on load; security stations, check-ins, international check points, bus-stops, etc, etc. Then any item that could be stuck in some way or another, kicks into a normal state again.

1 Like
Summary

Collecting exclamation marks ~ 34064

Can we get a STOP sign, that we can place on a road? So we can give prio to a certain traffic flow? :wink:

Can non-claimed janitor jobs, only show up as shortage, if we exceed it by, maybe, 50%? Now when 10/20 new jobs are added, you get a warning that is not worth anything.

Summary

When the Auto-scheduler is set, for 120 min interval, could we get delay warnings on 120 min, in stead of 60 min?

When manually planning the flight planner, can flights that are planned as a group, be moved as a group, if you move the primary flight?

Would it be possible to have the applicants filter be a select-box list, in stead of a single item filter?

Would it be possible to filter between arriving and departing PAX, maybe with a layer?

Can auto-save cease, when you have the SAVE menu open? :wink:

A reload, just pushed out 2000 arrived PAX, that had no baggage to pickup, but were on the field, I will bug report the next case. ~ 34098

Can we get an edit button for the name of a stand in Flightplanner, or maybe a “note” field per stand.

1 Like

This. Either this or the ability to move all the flights from one stand to another stand that has no flights scheduled to it. Especially useful if one has to close a stand to remove it or change the Boarding Desks linked to it. It is a right PITA making changes to an established stand at the moment if one doesn’t want to p-off airlines or be fined heavily by them for cancelling flights…

Yes, I’ve had the “I want to save my airport” “Hang on while I save it for you” situation too…

Can you not already do this by clicking somewhere on the existing description?

3 Likes

Ah, you can, awesome, I am now noting my manual schedule in the name. ~ I really would like to template such times in the stand, then you could have the auto-planner fill the template.

2 Likes

The ability to change a stands boarding desks or other facilities I agree is a real headache it prevents ability to freely and easily expand or improve our airports.

Might a “pause” stand function whilst no flight currently occupying it on the ground, ability to briefly swap or change desks would be a good idea, along with an option to “move all”

Hope this is something lined up to be looked at when the time is right :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would like a “free up object” button, so, it will time out in auto-pause when it can; blocking new assignments on the object (stand, boarding desk, check in desk, etc. )

Maybe all “arriving” PAX can be send home automatically 24h after a flights arrival?

Question; what is your airport shopping %?, like how many PAX visit a shop. I seem not to get it above 10%, even with marketing fully active. Some days its just 6%.

2 Likes

Beta 1.1-2 on Default.

Another non-Bug Reportable bug - previously you could place staff desks inside a Staff Room without specifying a Staff Zone as well - now we have to do both?

EDIT: Previously laying out a staff room also made the staff zone to go with it - it looks like the criteria for placing staff items in staff rooms should be based on the staff room being present, not the staff zone.

1 Like