Airport CEO Beta 1 released

I cannot have more than 79%…

1 Like

I thought it was airline rating, not airport rating. As long as the airport is small, its not an issue, the moment push-back delays start kicking in, it is much harder.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s the passengers that are too mean, airline satisfaction is pretty easy to get over 90%, passengers make it hard to get over 85

1 Like

I have the biggest problem with “terminal quality” (I think that’s the one). When looking at all the things your airport is rated on, I know it’s the one with the Diamond as its logo, under the passenger category. I can never get it above 25% (and that’s before the most recent Beta release, which now starts airports out with everything rated 0%). I like to think the airports I build have nice design elements, and I always build the higher-quality versions when available, good balance of greenery… But still, I always suffer on that one metric of rating :frowning:.

4 Likes

I’ve been getting a lot of this since Beta dropped on Default.

Private car drops getting full, but the Bus and Taxi stops are lightly used. The Car Parks are their usual selves, full to the gills and rarely does anyone come back to their car and drives out.

Noticed this happening a lot, too. ‘Person Cars’ coming onto the map and turning back at the first junction. Perhaps because of the Car Park full situation, but there’s a lot more of them than under Alpha…

1 Like

Believe it or not, I actually found the passenger vehicles’, buses’, and taxis’ drop points to be improved :rofl:. Devs have constantly said that this is a simulator and not for realism; therefore, base on the amount of stands you have and the size of aircraft, you will inevitably need a subway system to help (partially because of the amount of passengers, but coupled with how traffic enters/exits the world currently). I find that I achieve I good balance if I have at least half of my gates as “day-only.” This allows for some passenger flow to cool down, and some to filter out of the airport world. I also found that it is best to have minimal turns in the road, and then have one path for drop-off/pick-up only, and then another road that goes to parking lots. I tried to imitate a real airport to every detail (and was able to), but I discovered these little “nuances” with roads help with flow. It may not be ideal at the moment, but I believe it is on system to get an overhaul in the mid-to-later betas.

1 Like

This is my current build. I’ve used something like this previously under Alpha, at that time without the Emergency stands, and the transit provision was more than adequate then, so something has changed under Beta…

FTR 2x Subway entrances, 6x Bus stop, 12x Taxi dropoffs, 12x Private Car dropoffs, 2x Short-term parking, 2x Long-term parking.

1 Like

Looks good! I would suggest a turnoff for the drop-off/pick-up vehicles, just below where they currently turn for parking and drop-off/pick-up. This will separate the parking and non-parking vehicles earlier, which helps a little (at least it does in my saves). I also find that upon most loads, it clears out the parking lots’ vehicles, which congests the outgoing traffic. I have a theory that this outflow of traffic also contributes to how the game handles incoming traffic, and I don’t know the exact rationale behind it. I like to separate my outgoing traffic right up until the last point, but either way, there’s usually a bottleneck of outgoing traffic.

Here is what I have:

1 Like

No, it’s for sure airport rating :wink: on the bottom right you have that. Airline rating depends on airport rating. If you have for example overall airport rating 60% you won’t get 5 stars airlines

2 Likes

I think - if the manned scanner is abandoned, the bags build up and pause. In real world the scanner would not be left running :wink: the baggage would instead be blocked off and held up

2 Likes

If the scanner is left unmanned in-game, the belts continue to run, and all bags pass through to the baggage bay, including those with dangerous cargo. I would have thought in RL, the departing Security bod would press the ‘STOP’ button on the conveyor and things would grind to halt until the replacement arrives.

5 Likes

Haha! With that setup, the 200 might actually make it above FL280 in the summer!

To piggyback on your comments, the CRJ700 model in the game has the wrong wing. The CRJ700/900 do not share the same wing as the CRJ200. The CRJ700 and CRJ900 have a larger wing and no bend in the leading edge as the wing has leading edge slats. Also, the emergency exit arrows on the top of the wing should point to the trailing edge of the wing on the CRJ700 and CRJ900 and not to the leading edge like on the CRJ200.

2 Likes

Yes CRJ700 has 23 meters of wing span, a bit more than the CRJ200, but still not 26 like on the E170, closer, but still not what it should be in game. I guess I can overlook the slats of the CRJ700, as they are not animated anyways. Emergency exit markings are all wrong, totally agree, as they are on the 737-800. A320 for example has an incorrectly shaped wing and a really, I mean really oversized vertical stabilizer. Really when it come to me, I think the oldest planes really deserve an update at this point.

1 Like

Me too, and I believe I know what causes it - gate seating. I think gate seating is set as “low quality”, so using it around the airport reduces the rating to 25%. When I built an airport with only luxury armchairs, it had a quality rating of 50%.

Since we are in Beta, I think it’s time to review the way Terminal Quality is calculated. Gate seating shouldn’t reduce the rating so much and perhaps plants and floors could have a higher effect? :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Mayday! Mayday! I have an engine in my cockpit! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I wonder how it got there…

2 Likes

Just some factory workers who had a couple too many, besides, that’s that’s the fastest ambulance I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

When creating a new sandbox airport, there are several bug in the menu/creation process.

• If you select your logo first, then configure your sandbox setting, after the configuration confirmation, the logo will revert to the first you select from.

• If un-selected the “Select All” option and you then re-enter your sandbox configuration settings, it always changes itself to the following:

Example

• However, if “Select All” was selected, and you then unselected what you did not want (seems ironic, as you no longer are selecting all), it will stay as you intended.
Example

2 Likes

Not a bug as such, but should runway ramps not be treated the same as runways in relation to upgrading surface. Currently you need to remove ramp to change to asphalt or concrete, but can upgrade whole runways at click of a button. (Obvioualy removing a ramp means potential closure of runway)

2 Likes

I recognise those engines, and no they should not be there. I think @Fredrik might want to look at the slicing.

3 Likes