Airport CEO Beta 1 released

Think its been mentioned before, but just started a new build and with a small local airport, building an enormous police and fire station seems very disproportionate. Maybe a small option could help this? My police station is bigger than my terminal building!

2 Likes

Something like this?

2 Likes

This is second screenshot for devs regarding ACEO-34303. Airline Consumables Fees rating changes very often, but it does not reflect reality. I also changed all of the fees to ridiculously low, most of the time rating is over 90% but sometimes it changes to below 50%.

Summary

1 Like

It is a mess.

Plus it would be better as a rolling average, as in instant changing number.

2 Likes

WTF?! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Deja vu. No one ever should complain about realism in ACEO anymore. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Oh, you just saw it for the first timeā€¦ Yep, this is as realistic as it gets!! :rofl:

3 Likes

Nah, when you have pandemic and economic crash. Peak realism.

4 Likes

But it really lasts for 6 months +

2 Likes

You should combine an oil crisis and subway malfunction in the mix.

3 Likes

Weā€™ve detected a critical issue with a specific part of the boarding system which causes boarding to not be invoked if ramp agent service is disabled. This has been solved with a hotfix to the default branch, so same number (beta 1.1-2) and will be fixed on the experimental branch tonight as part of beta 2.0-1.

11 Likes

@olaf
I donā€™t suppose itā€™s related to boarding being triggered only after cabin cleaning is complete? Iā€™ve seen this dozens of times. It makes logical sense, but in terms of triggering events. it can get dicey. Especially with the mess of the cleaning trucks getting stuck at the dump. I ran into issues where the dump buildings were full and it wouldnā€™t let me request a pick-up. I changed the locations to be closer to the gate, but I really wonder about a lot of the delays we struggle with are related to the vehicles being buried in line to get in.

1 Like

I had this issue till I figured out that you must have one (1) manual check-in desk (a medium one with baggage belts) set up and then all your auto ones will work. Iā€™m sure this has got to be a bug, but for now my large airport has this set up. 1 manual and 30 autos.

1 Like

Somehow itā€™s also kind of realism to have at least one manned desk.

1 Like

Sure, but there needs to be a clear indication / feedback to the players.

2 Likes

Airline Consumables Fees rating changes very often, but it does not reflect reality

Iā€™m also experiencing this. Airline consumables fee opinion seems to be completely detached from reality haha. Since I couldnā€™t get it to stay above 50% or so I ended up just cranking the fees up to maximum and taking the reputation hit

Airline infrastructure fee opinion is also kind of weird? I cranked up the runway and stand fees a bit, but the the opinion % stayed in the green

Weā€™ve detected a critical issue with a specific part of the boarding system which causes boarding to not be invoked if ramp agent service is disabled. This has been solved with a hotfix to the default branch, so same number (beta 1.1-2) and will be fixed on the experimental branch tonight as part of beta 2.0-1.

So it WAS a bug after all! :smiley:

2 Likes

you canā€™t have the two secure areas connected at all. So no staff door, unless staff go through security between them.

1 Like

Putting this here, as Iā€™m still on Beta 1 on Defaultā€¦

When did the Administrators start going home at 5pm?

Iā€™ve just started a new build, the first under Beta 1.1, and my R&D was taking a lot longer than in previous games. I was really puzzled, until I looked in the staff room and there were no admins in it. Looked around, waited, at ~07:40 a bus appeared, and 6 people got out and ran into the staff room. Later on in the day, looked at the staff room again, and at 17:00 on the dot, the admins all stood up and ran for the transit areaā€¦

Also noted the CEO disappeared at about 18:00 and didnā€™t reappear until about 08:45ā€¦ do the other execs do that?

I know the admins used to get up at midnight and take a walk to the transit area and back again, but I havenā€™t seen any posts from the Devs advising on any changes to the default admin and exec behaviourā€¦

1 Like

You can set their hours in the management panel, both Exec and Admins.

4 Likes

Yes, I know, but my questions are when did their default hours change, and was there any notification of this?

With this change, all the ā€˜estimated completion timesā€™ on the R&D Project cards will need revising. The ā€˜x Dayā€™ ones should say ā€˜hoursā€™ in order to conform to fact that the admins will only work so many hours in a dayā€¦

1 Like

There was a bug which always resetted the times.

3 Likes