Airport CEO Beta 1 released

Can we get a close button on the Build Menu bar too? When other widescreen menus open, interaction can be blocked by the build bar, like the buttons for the vehicle menu i.e.

3 Likes

Can we have an option for commercial-only? Currently have GA one one side of the airfield compared to commercial. A crossover from them would delay the commercial traffic.

2 Likes

Consultant Email has no header.

Summary

Airport Controler.c3 error? :wink: ~ it seems stairs do not like to exist outside terminal ground?

Summary

Something feels wrong here, I did not yet hire ramp agents :wink:

I just got offered a commercial emergency flight, while I have no commercial contracts, working commercial stands or commercial runways ~ 33192

discard 33193 - it was a design error, seems contractor sites are no waypoint for other staff.

You get no warning when an airstrip is complete gone and needs repairs.

2 Likes

Now there are three options.

• GA only
  • Commercial only
  • both

The option for both is new since this patch. The slider is now the same as for the small hangars.

2 Likes

hahahahaha, how about you dont want international checkpoints ;), just have PAX end up in International zone from a normal checkpoint. ~ ACEO-33199

Can the build engine get a “rule set” which disallows building objects on terminal floors that are non-constructed?

2 Likes

I don’t think this should be considered a bug, I find it fair that emergencies landing requests can happen even if you don’t sign a contract. You don’t see airports turn away planes needing emergencies just cause “Oh sorry, you don’t have any slots booked with us.” or something like that. And if this is indeed a bug, then emergency ambulance by default should be removed because you never sign a contract with air ambulance companies.

That being said, I think from the perspective of having stands/runways needed to be commercial, the emergency doesn’t take that into account I think. Which it does when it’s a GA i think.

2 Likes

Some emergencies can just ruin everything at the beginning of the game. As example an emergency needs fuel but your airport does not provide that service at all.
Why does this emergency even get forwarded to your airport by the flight control when they know that you cannot support it. :thinking:

1 Like

In my opinion opening the side panel should automatically close the build menu as it isn’t needed at the same time. Also, menus should block the content under them, so that clicking on an item doesn’t close the menu. Now when i read emails for example, if i accidentally have the trash can icon on top of say security, the menu closes down. This shouldn’t happen.

And that vehicle management needs a substantial amount of work. Items should be sortable based on type and they can’t change their order every time you open the menu. Now when you try to find say belt loaders amongst the baggage carts, it’s a work on its own as they are spread across 4 pages in my airport. And when I assign one, they change their order in the list and I need to go hunting again to find the right one.

Would be awesome to be able to sort them by license plate, type, assigned parking lot and so forth.

Parking lots should work like staff rooms, select what types are allowed to park there.

6 Likes

How much work is required there? Don’t make it up. I bought a transport, assigned it to the stand and that’s it, and forgot about them.

1 Like

Volcanic ash event reduces fps from 60 to 16. Might need some optimization.

3 Likes

Removed everything, every trace. No saves to load, starting new game, it just hangs at that screen. Latest Nvidia drivers, tried with GSync on and off, no difference. Was working a month ago when I last played, but not now for some reason? Oh well, no matter. Maybe it will decide to work again next month :wink:

1 Like

Just submitted bug 33261. I noticed my taxi and car dropoffs were congested. Then noticed that there is no inbound traffic whatsoever.

2 Likes

Passenger Service agents don’t board the flights, Multiple go arounds for arriving aircraft. They go around at least 4 times before landing back up so much that they are arriving 30 mins before departure. Submitted logs.

1 Like

I got terminal blocks and objects dislpaying on the wrong floor ~ 33276

Summary

After a reload, its gone, but it comes back after a while. Its also the other way around, top floors showing on minus 1

Summary

Taxiway nodes can exist without taxiway ground ~ 33277

Summary

What is a bonus in Financial overview?

1 Like

When re-assigning fleets, updating depots, and overall managing it for a busy airport, the random reordering of vehicles on the panel and not being able to sort them as before by exact vehicle type (so having buses and services cars like scrambled eggs on the panel) is quite an annoyance.

Beta is all about streamlining tasks so that players enjoy the game more, and bugfixing, not as much adding new features, so this is very in-line with their goals. The vehicle management panel needs work before the end of beta for sure.

3 Likes

That’s not what the amount of work meant… It was in regards to the overhaul needed for that section of the game. Now assign all you want, but when you close the stand, those vehicle assignments are reset and vehicles revert to unassigned status. Then when you got about 28 belt loaders and 40 baggage carts, finding the one isn’t that easy. Using parking lots isn’t very intuitive at all since every time you load the game, some vehicles don’t remember where they were supposed to be parked. And so forth.

3 Likes

I think it’s easier if we move this to the support mail instead, if you send crash logs and such to support@airportceo.com I’ll expedite the issue.

1 Like

I assumed this was “intended behavior” as part of the alpha stage… because my vehicles have never, ever turned left out of a lot or depot, going back to A32. I will do a bug report if needed.

4 Likes

See ACEO-33924

“Here I have created an airport that is set up so that the vehicles should turn left out of the parking lot to go to the fuel depot, and should turn left out of the fuel depot to go to the airplane stand. Instead, vehicles turn right out of the parking lot and then make a U-turn at the end of the road, and vehicles turn right out of the depot and make a U-turn at the intersection.”

6 Likes

I also have observed this a lot! Trucks making unessary U-turns. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes