Airport CEO Beta 3 released

I don’t know if this is an upcoming feature, but also on medium stands, a certain number of passengers is now walking to the rear entrance of a medium plane but then, they walk back to the front by crossing the engine.

ACEO-37264

Happens also on medium planes which do not require stairs.

4 Likes

Caught this myself a few days back, it got me thinking the same! be great for it to be the rear stairs being called up :smiley:

It’s just not that simple as it sounds. Some aircrafts do not have a entrance at the back like the F70. So you need to differ them. :confused:

1 Like

Yer very true, there will probably be some compromise between “game” and “reality” for front/rear steps similar to how our airbridge stands assume all aircraft can use a bridge, which is understandable for simplicity. but I’m sure we will find out soon :slight_smile:

Suggestions:

First of All I want to congratulate the Dev’s, I love this game… it’s a must have to whoever likes Tycoon, Management Games.

I’ve got a couple of Suggestions… (probably the wrong topic, but this is the only one I read daily)

Flight Scheduler…
Please, make a shortcut key for Rescheduling Flights… it’s a Nuisance to have to move the mouse to the reschedule flight button. or even better make an edit mode where you can just drag and drop the flights without having to press reschedule… (Evtl. Pause the game in the Process) (then Save at the End)
normally one uses the auto-planner, but since it often schedules multiple flights to the same hour, sometimes I prefer to do it manually, or do some changes.

Loans: you get the Choice between three Values… with different Interest Rates… but sometimes there is a Huge gap between them… and you you want less money than option 3 but more than option 2… maybe do an Apply for loan? where we can choose the amount we want to get? (Still displaying hourly payments, and interest and how much you end up paying at the end?) that would be nice.

Planning mode: one puts down all buildings that you plan… and then you proceed to build them… but evtl it only says… Insufficient Funds… not how much it would cost to build it… so I have no idea how much of a loan I want to apply to…

Close Stand: When You press close Stand… sometimes (most of the Time) you get the message that the aircraft is still at the Airport… most of the time the aircraft is long gone… or not yet landed… so you have to wait for an aircraft to be there and then press dismiss aircraft. and then you can close the stand… What if the Close stand would… put the close on hold and close it as soon as all aircraft are handled… and also cancel the next scheduled flights for that stand… same principal could be applied for runways… they get marked to be closed and not accept any more flights… (Dunno if what I mean is clear here)

Maybe I’ll think of something else… :slight_smile:
(and Like I said these are suggestions, they might get implemented or not, just giving my opinion)

2 Likes

Planning mode is currently available on experimental and will be availed on default on… when… whenever it’s ready

I know, and I like I said, It’s a Sugestion :slight_smile:

This would be nice, when you start building Large stands, I would like to be able to borrow 7 miljon or 10 miljon, since I can then faster scale the airport due to less liquidity risks.

Have you guys noticed a Problem with Medium Hangars. Namely after a Birdstrike incident a plane was successfully repaired at the Hangar. The Problem is that Even though i recieved a masssge that the Plane was successfully repaired the plane just will not leave. I also cannot dispend ist manually.
I reported the bug but did not write the bug number😒

Found the problem! Medium planes need a pushbacktruck to leae the hangars as well, not just stands!:slight_smile: :nerd_face:

6 Likes

That’s why they need a road access. :wink:

3 Likes

I actually never thought about it hahah :joy: it all makes sense now!

1 Like

If it’s one thing i really wish for. It would be that the can cue properly, not 100+ people stand on the same spot :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Indeed this. Most airports I have been to have some sort of queue for their boarding gates (see EHAM example below), although not all had it (ENTO ENGM comes to mind)

edit: ENTO example. I see now that they actually do have some sort of queuing system :roll_eyes:

ENGM doesn’t seem to have it

@Olof Any chance elevated roadways and vehicle stops could be coming with one of these betas? It doesn’t seem like it would be too difficult to add, and would allow for more realistic layouts, and better looking terminals.

5 Likes

Until a few alphas ago, passenger queued up. But then people claimed about long queues through the entire terminal.
I guess the solution is: Make buildable queues for boarding gates as well. If there is no queue, passengers will pile up.
Then every user can decide what he/she prefers.

3 Likes

Support the queue at gate and also the elevated road suggestion strongly :slight_smile: Both would be optional so it seems enough players would enjoy the option (similar to the check-in queues), without forcing it on everyone.

It of course varies as many players rightly point it. It’s usually airport operator vs individual airlines, they never agree! Some airlines queue their customers far too early and leave them stood waiting, others board in groups or by row. All though opt for some barrier system for security, avoiding people bypassing the desk so a small queue helps control the flow a bit avoiding a crowd. Some though of course just have a open space there for the queue to form freely.

Elevated roads too! i’d like to try building an similar to Zakynthos with all gates remote as a sort of challenge. We can already build such an airport but having the busses go up a level would give it some purpose and a new challenge :slight_smile: nice bit of creative segregation.

Beta 3 hopefullying reaching default branch soon, we’re all sat forward on edge of seat :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve been hurrying up my current build just in case it gets klartzed by the new Beta dropping onto Default branch… :slight_smile:

No but if you assign to a specific airline. Autoplanner will only assign that particular airline.

Did you set the color for the jetbridge