Airport CEO Beta 3 released

If you’re asking how, it’s simple. Just use the paint brush tool on the stand to change the jetway colour.

3 Likes

So much has been done since I lasted played. :hushed:
Sadly couldn’t play lately. :cry:

Bug 37371 - some pieces of bagage belt are visible on the wrong floor:

1 Like

I reported that one as well… loads of things are visible on the wrong floor. if it bothers you it helps if you save/quit and reload.

Thanks. I also saw shop shelves on the wrong floors.

I know, i was responding to the post above mine.

I was having an issue with the autoplanner freaking out when there werent many new flights to schedule and the stands were set to specific airlines. So i was asking him if he had his stands set to specific airlines.

I have had an entire floor visible on all other floors, but I can’t reproduce it. :frowning:

1 Like

Good evening all! We’re back from the weekend with the week’s first update, beta 3.3-0, which has a few fixes important enough to hold off the default deployment of the last beta version. Hopefully we’ll be satisfied with how this version performs over the night.

Here are the fixes in today’s update:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 3.3-0

Bug

• [ACEO-36279] - Missing continue statement in parking structure calculation can in very rare instances cause infinite loop crash
  • [ACEO-37108] - Connection markers visible on delivery site connected to service road
  • [ACEO-37145] - GA aircraft invoking a takeoff emergency can cause unplanned commercial flights to become emergency flights
  • [ACEO-37147] - Planned road nodes are considered activated
  • [ACEO-37183] - Flight slot container time says N/A if allocation crosses date line
  • [ACEO-37200] - World borders hard to see with snow texture
  • [ACEO-37203] - Passengers can in rare instances try to board via rear aircraft door even though no stairway truck is available causing them to get stranded
  • [ACEO-37205] - Flower change type after copy and paste
  • [ACEO-37206] - Palm trees are placed at an offset
  • [ACEO-37207] - Passengers failing to board a remote aircraft can get orphaned on stand
  • [ACEO-37263] - Minor text error in tutorial
  • [ACEO-37269] - Vending machine markup fee resets upon panel reload
  • [ACEO-37287] - Medium runway has the same price as small runway
  • [ACEO-37295] - If stands have scheduled flights to be cancelled at deactivation while having multiple stands selected only one stand will be deactivated
  • [ACEO-37304] - Terminal objects overlay is not disabled correctly if removing the last terminal area
  • [ACEO-37331] - Passengers boarding an aircraft can in certain instances when reloading save get deadlocked on stand
  • [ACEO-37348] - Relocation of a built object generates refund
  • [ACEO-37369] - When clicking reschedule flight the arrival and departure time is incorrect

New feature

• [ACEO-37337] - Automatic reordering of fuel can now be disabled via fuel depot panel (right button stack)
13 Likes

anyway, is it possible to have single way excalator going up or down only to control the flow of pax. And airplan parking with no service road to stack them face to face without making double service road ?

2 Likes

[ACEO-37337] - Automatic reordering of fuel can now be disabled via fuel depot panel (right button stack)

Nice, does this block the primary delivery too?

I didn’t get the update for Beta 3.3, I’m still at 3.2.4 (Mac)

It is believed that to make it easier to understand the mechanics of the game, you need to add a zoning guide.

1. How do the terminal zones work and what do they affect (I personally came across this, and I meet questions on this topic). A terminal has been built, but the terminal zone does not completely cover it - problems arise when personnel cannot get to the place of work, for example.
  2. How zones inside terminals work. (They put a wall, on one side - a safe zone, on the other - an airplane parking. And where the door is between them, passengers get stuck.

Beta 3.3-1 rolling out now as there seems to have been an issue with the macOS deployment, also we found a critical bug with catering depot food not being delivered. We expect one more minor experimental release tonight and then it’ll all go out on default shortly after! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 3.3-1

Bug

• [ACEO-37225] - Stair truck warning light not aligned
  • [ACEO-37230] - McDonnel Douglas MD-80 doesn't request stair truck
  • [ACEO-37380] - Certain objects are not generating a refund at demolish
  • [ACEO-37381] - Walls planned for demolishing reset after save reload
  • [ACEO-37394] - Catering food deliveries not executable due to incorrect path connection point for world tunnel connectivity tests
  • [ACEO-37395] - Vehicles can in rare instances default to reversing after completing a job task
  • [ACEO-37398] - Passengers self checking in for a heavily delayed flight can in rare instances deadlock due to uncaught null reference exception

New feature

• [ACEO-37391] - Added quick accept and reject buttons to contract containers
8 Likes

No, it does not.

For ACEO 1.0 we do not have plans for any one-way transition items or doors. The reasons behind this has been discussed multiple times across various parts of this forum… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Bug - 37401 - my police are spicing up their patrols and have now decided they will do it while driving in reverse!

2 Likes

Agree entirely, but maybe some half width props would be cool such as stairs and security exits, but only those two directional or existing one direction items. A narrow staircase would be useful for corridors and staff routes.

One way one lane tunnel up/down too for similar reasons.

Can road tunnels up/down be set to 2 lanes same one way in the newer version? :slight_smile:

Issue is pathfinding. Passengers decide which destination to walk to based on yes or no is it in same zone/area and which is nearest horizontally.

Forced one way routes would cause them to get stranded before or after, as they would assume their destination is accessibly to and from current location.

Any changes to that concept would cause a lot more calculations and recoding I think :wink:

Remember, security checkpoints are all one way and you can get creative with that such as placing baggage reclaim between immigration exit and secure exit to ensure only arrivals access it (just one example)

1 Like

Rolling out beta 3.3-2 now! This is the final version for today destined for the default branch in a few hours!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 3.3-2

Bug

• [ACEO-37149] - Orphaned construction tiles can cause construction system confusion
  • [ACEO-37197] - Vehicles can in rare instances deadlock inside world entrance tunnel if not being able to find a path to preferred exit
  • [ACEO-37211] - Aircraft with cabin cleaning percentage near 99 does not initiate boarding process
  • [ACEO-37244] - Vending machine variation type does not alwasy deserialize as correct type
  • [ACEO-37303] - Incorrect fee collected at hangar for repair work
  • [ACEO-37385] - Hangar status reads "awaiting pushback" when aircraft is being dismantled
  • [ACEO-37389] - Contractor shuttle arrival can deadlock if user quits game while shuttle is in vehicle spawn queue
  • [ACEO-37400] - Update lag in construction panel can cause incorrect contractor deployment numbers
  • [ACEO-37402] - Small hangars are not correctly deserialized to accepting commercial until hangar panel is opened
  • [ACEO-37405] - Bulldozer can demolish deicing pads without closing them first
10 Likes

Oh, is it really happening? I thought Beta 3 on default is a fairytale. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

3.2.2 - I asked for 10 contractors, but I got 40. The phone started ringing automatically 3 more times without me pressing any button.

edit: bug 37410

1 Like