Airport CEO Beta 4 released

11jao11 - I started to have those missing 1/4 tiles in my game now as well. Be careful if you dont take care of them quickly (by building a wall or a door close to them) they will be permanently missing and you have to remove the entire 4x4 tile and rebuild whatever was on it.

1 Like

Yes I noticed holes in built foundations/walls as well, so I reverted back to beta 3.

Not sure if its to do with my settings, but is there a way that perhaps at least in planning mode it is always light? At nighttime I struggle to see the airfield. A way of toggling light for at least planning would be very useful.
Even a way of setting daylight hours in settings? Before people say that’s not realistic, the closer to the poles you are, the longer daylight lasts in summer…

I guess an old bug is back due to the new runway assign mode.

I have a small and a medium runway. The medium is also allowed for small planes and GA. But they aren’t using it anymore. The runway assign mode would allow to choose that runway.

Currently it’s on a stretched map. I will try to send a bug report as soon as I’m on my normal test map.

1 Like

The tiling issue will be fixed with the next update, unfortunately however since this issue only happened on beta 4.0-2 we will not provide a fix for saves from this version and you’ll need to rebuild it manually in order for it to work.

They spawn every time and are not part of any persistent state! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey hey hey! We’re back from another weekend with a new round of bug fixes. This one takes cares of the tiling issue and the dreaded problem with rooms not being activated and recognized by passengers until a reload.

A dev blog will drop later this week and of course more daily updates! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 4.0-3

Bug

• [ACEO-37987] - Certain rooms do not always correctly activate when built causing persons not to be able to find and use them
  • [ACEO-38066] - Emergency flights do not prioritize runways compatible with arrival flight direction
  • [ACEO-38072] - Franchise staff and airline lounge job task spawn rate and length not reliable
  • [ACEO-38077] - Light poles cannot be placed on sidewalk on lower floors
  • [ACEO-38086] - Contractors always set down construction material on floor zero when building causing strange duplicate paths when fetching next construction order
  • [ACEO-38120] - Operated desks can be deserialized as not operated causing all persons to immediately leave the queue on load
  • [ACEO-38146] - Various emergencies can in certain instances incorrectly spawn fines
  • [ACEO-38190] - Added support for uploading any mod (not just saved games) to reduce confusion by hidden achievement The Contributor
  • [ACEO-38195] - Incorrect turnaround services offered evaluation calculation can cause rating to become negative
  • [ACEO-38219] - Missing float approximation check can cause runways to appear damaged while infact not
  • [ACEO-38227] - McDonnel Douglas MD80 aircraft airside shuttle bus parking position incorrect
  • [ACEO-38234] - Planned room state not correctly set
  • [ACEO-38250] - Aircraft does not always select nearest runway despite mode setting
  • [ACEO-38255] - Index out of bounds exception can cause aircraft taxiing to stall
  • [ACEO-38256] - Ash can continue to fall despite the volcano eruption emergency being resolved
  • [ACEO-38267] - Dummy employee titles missing from localization
  • [ACEO-38270] - Uncaught exception in city generation procedure for passenger data can cause generation to stall
  • [ACEO-38273] - Buildable tiles can randomly disappear during construction
  • [ACEO-38287] - Using terminal demolish on a zoned terminal piece doesn't properly reset the zone area
10 Likes

Is this update save game compatible? Tried loading a save I was playing earlier today and hangs on Loading Businesses and mods. I let it go for 5m before terminating

I’d quit and try again. I’ve had that before and 2nd time around works.

Save games are always more or less compatible. There was an issue with the first deployment, a second one was just released so update and try again! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately tried 3x now.
Apparently I cant start a new game either. it could be a mod, but they are all from workshop and 4.0.2 was working fine earlier today

3 Likes

Cannot load any airports on this update. Can start a new one either.
Sticks on Businesses and Mods.

3 Likes

Got second deployment. Same issue :cry:

1 Like

Also same issue here…
Game loads to main menu but freezes once you try to start a game, on the loading screen.
Whether I have mods loaded or not.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that fuel trucks also have dummy ramp agents, which always spawn randomly. This means that it can spawn a black haired agent for one plane, while the next one is blonde. But I understand it’s easier this way, it’s not a big deal.

We are working on the issue. Expect a hotfix within the next hour.

3 Likes

Hotfix for the loading issue is rolling out now, same version number! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is the balancing of how many people arrive and park their car going to be looked at? I have a both short and long stay car parks but they are sitting empty. I have even reduced the parking price to $1 for both.

Raised bug 38304, as there are some issues with floors since last update. Some objects overlap the floors, medium stand jetway not visible and not operational on +1, just the shadow.

Quick update on this. After the reload the jetway is correctly rendered, but the stand “Is not connected to the terminal”. Plane deboards, but cannot board. WEird stuff, zoning at the jetway entrance is correct.

So the game works now after hot fix
However new issue has raised its head. On my save that ive had since 4 with new updated im getting swamped with delayed flights with the -1 passenger problem. Did not have this issue at all before latest patch, not it happens constantly. [200ish flights a day]

Honestly if a flight is only missing 1 or 2 passengers, but everything else is good to go, the plane should leave. I dont know of an airline that will hold the flight for like 30m for 1 passenger after its depart time has elapsed. i know there is a toggle in planner to alway dismiss, but I dont want that it something like fuel or baggage isnt loaded, only passengers less than like 2