Airport CEO Beta 5 released

As a little Holiday reminder: Don’t forget to drop another amazing MDK before you go into your well deserved break. :wink:
Saab340, Fokker or Q300 as example, or just one of the missing Embraers.

:vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

yeah would be a great xmas gift, i am finished with updating my mods with MD80 :laughing:

5 Likes

Maybe @Fredrik can find some time for that if I stop assigning critical bugs to him… :laughing: :skull:

4 Likes

After yesterday’s hiatus we’re now back with beta 5.0-3 and another round of good fixes! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 5.0-3

Bug

• [ACEO-38728] - Connecting a remote stand to an international zoned boarding desk can cause international zone to be spawned in front
  • [ACEO-38861] - Earth patches not removed when building tiles on top
  • [ACEO-38886] - Employees and franchise staff can in certain instances deboard at wrong terminal
  • [ACEO-38954] - Passengers do not always fetch the seemingly most reasonable desks
  • [ACEO-38964] - Flights can be generated for unbuilt stands
  • [ACEO-38968] - Elevator shafts can't cross different zones
  • [ACEO-39009] - Passengers can in rare instances wait some time until they retrieve their bags from a baggage claim carousel
  • [ACEO-39010] - International zone can be dragged over secure zone exits
  • [ACEO-39012] - Various stand panel connection messages can be confusing and reference baggage loading when stand is deactivated
  • [ACEO-39018] - Check-in desk panel can show old flights with closed check-in process
  • [ACEO-39064] - Contractors who cannot access a construction position on a lower floor no longer attempts to complete the construction from directly above
  • [ACEO-39076] - Aircraft does not always clear previous occupied nodes on load causing deadlocks
  • [ACEO-39110] - Remote boarding procedures where passengers can't find a path from a boarding desk to an airside shuttle bus can cause them to sprint across the tarmac immediately boarding the aircraft
  • [ACEO-39123] - Boarding desk not possible to disconnect from closed stand
  • [ACEO-39124] - Elevator can in certain situations deserialize incorrectly leaving an orphaned elevator floor
  • [ACEO-39146] - Actual terminal can be built on top of planned
  • [ACEO-39154] - Service trucks can in extremely rare instances deadlock at baggage bay if no trailer is attached

Improvement

• [ACEO-38188] - Number of e-mails in backlog now limited to reduce UI related loading time lag
  • [ACEO-38710] - Terminals with unclaimed job tasks missing available staff will now spawn notification highlighting this issue
  • [ACEO-39126] - Added elevator shaft wall to prevent people from accidentally falling down the shaft
10 Likes

[ACEO-39126] - Added elevator shaft wall to prevent people from accidentally falling down the shaft

nice

4 Likes

Safety first! I always add walls around the elevators, now I’m concerned if I can still place two elevators next to each other, or if that means there’ll be two tiles of wall in between… :thinking:

2 Likes

ACEO-39169
My Passengers seem to freeze part way through trying to enter or exit the airport after they just have gone through something like security or picking up baggage from a baggage claim area. I have triple checked my zoning and its all correct. Anyone know what could be the problem?

That’s got to hurt, so far i haven’t been sued for it anyway haha :joy:

I’ve started to actually play the game again after quite some time and I still have the issue that after a short time, all my car parks fill up, especially the employee car parks and long term parking lots and nobody leaves. In the back of my head I kinda remember that there was fix for that issue more or less recently, or was there not?

Is there some one else, who didn’t get the 5.03 update for Mac? I’m still at 5.02

Unattended bags - another task to assign to security…

I see the festive season is upon us…

3 Likes

Update was not pushed to Mac :frowning:

I’ll make sure it’s pushed tonight!

Is there a way to disable those lovely hats this year? We had the option in ƒ10 previously.

2 Likes

Looking for the same thing. But if we use the F10 menu achievements will not be valid anymore for that save? Probably needs to be an option in the gameplay settings?

1 Like

Bah Humbug!

2 Likes

Yeah, we will provide a button with the next update.

3 Likes

I am currently specifically looking for CEOs who experience issues with individual persons randomly freezing. This tends to happen on larger airports after a certain stage has been passed, a common theme seems to be after a security or a passport checkpoint is passed, or after baggage has been claimed. Persons just seem to stall indefinitely for now reason until a classic save and reload.

I’ve seen a few issues on this reported lately but I cannot reproduce it myself. Has anyone here experienced it?

Here’s a link to the issue:

How can I help you?

Welcome, LJohn. :hugs:
You should open a new thread in Support and upload a screenshot or two (showing the area where the problem occurs). That way you will get help as fast as possible.