Airport CEO Beta 7 released

Already fixed, will be out in a few minutes.

1 Like

Here’s Beta 7.0-3! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 7.0-3

Bug

• [ACEO-40395] - Catering depot selection not balanced for distance and actual level of stored meals
  • [ACEO-40869] - Departing passengers can in certain instances have a very high interest in eating and shopping immediately when arriving to the airport
  • [ACEO-40941] - Poorly balanced room fetch distance check can cause some rooms to not be utilized
  • [ACEO-40985] - Persons sometimes use walkalators in wrong direction
  • [ACEO-41004] - Runway ramps upgrade operation isn't always functioning correctly
  • [ACEO-41009] - New connection system update block can cause automated desk procedures to not be invoked
  • [ACEO-41011] - Road tiles placed on lower floors can randomly dissappear on load

Improvement

• [ACEO-32260] - Balanced R&D research times and admin count distribution
5 Likes

Underground road tiles are gone!!!

Service vechicals also are going crazy

[ACEO-41011] - Road tiles placed on lower floors can randomly dissappear on load

I also reported this (ACEO-41039) - I have also bug reported a follow on from this resolution.

ACEO-41040 Experimental B7.0-3

Person Cars which deliver passengers to the terminal are not leaving the bays but are parking awkwardly. There is a huge traffic jam on the entrance road, with multiple instances of fuel delivery trucks and buses taking the wrong routes and turning round all over the place.

The Jet A-1 Depot is empty and the fuel trucks turn round at the security gate and do not come on site. Game unplayable at the moment.

Like airlines with special liveries? LET’S GO FOR AN “Supporting Hockey” on a Maple Aircraft

Filed ACEO-41048
Baggage trucks seem to cycle between idle and performing job task without actually doing their jobs, making continuous loops between their parking spots on the pad and the belt loader. This is basically causing turnaround of planes to stall and indefinitely delay until they’re manually dismissed.

Same issue here I sent a bug report in as well.

Looking into the vehicle stuck issue, it seem to be related to a performance fix done yesterday. As soon as it is fixed we plan to deploy a hotfix.

1 Like

100% CPU issue still occurs, did you ever find the reason behind it?
I’m just gonna start a new map which is a pain.

Hotfix for the vehicle issue rolled out now! :slight_smile: Same version number.

7 Likes

I’m not sure Insaw a bug report on that. Did you send one in? If the airport is large and is handling a lot of passengers and simulation I wouldn’t be surprised if the CPU goes into max load.

1 Like

Everything running hunky-dory now - well done! :grinning:

4 Likes

Great! :smiley: Experimental can still be a bit of a bumpy ride when we make performance improvements… can unexpectedly throw some systems on its end… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sent once then you asked me to send again after an update

I see, ACEO-40244 was pushed with a fix that might have solved the issue but I guess not then. Can you resend the bug on the latest beta so I can check it out?

Vehicles definitely behaving better now =)

One thing I’ve been wondering now, I don’t know if it’s because of the visiting guests that was implemented or if passengers just prefer shops that are ‘in your face’ ie: in their pathing rather than off to the side… my landside shops have no issues meeting goals now, but my airside shops are barely utilized so once the pax are past security they seem to have no desire to shop.
Should this influence airport design to place more shops landside to cater to the pax AI, or is there more under the hood that should be looked at?

For example, both are around 10AM so the shops have been open for 6hours-ish.
This one is landside in the main international lobby, right in the way of ticketing, security and baggage claim in the basement. easily exceeds minimums

Meanwhile this one is airside and out of the way of passenger pathing, but nearby restrooms and the first class lounge. Barely makes any sales.

Voila ACEO-41071 :))

This has probably been happening since the year dot, but when you have a mixture of small and medium stands in a terminal and similarly, small and medium check-in desks in the check-in hall then the game seems to prioritise allocating medium flights to the small check-in desks.

This causes issues with small flight check-in, as they don’t tend to be pushed over to the vacant medium desks if a small check-in desk isn’t available.

This may cause issues when I switch the baggage handling system on in my airport in The Great Baggage Experiment

Is it worth a bug report so the devs can have a look at it?

ACEO-41074 Pre-security shop very very busy with departing passengers. Similar to bug reported previously appears unchanged so far.

Naturally this gives a perk to the CEO with the great revenue, but it seems to be quite an imbalance.

• 9,427 Passengers processed (Guessing this is departure+arrival?)
  • 9,024 Franchise Purchases (Shop+Food across entire airport)
  • 1,500 sales from the pre-security shop. Almost entirely departure customers, arrivals ignore it.
  • 600 sales from pre-security food (coffee shop) - this seems much more sensible amount.

The 1,500 if we imagine is only 66% of departure passengers since there is 3 waves of flights each game day, and the shop opens just after the first wave is through security already. So that’s just under 3,000 potential departure customers at the pre security shop. The 1,500 is more than half of the departures area shop sales in total. It’s double what the pre-security food franchise achieves.

So The Great Baggage Experiment failed - baggage service enabled, small flights are not checked in on the small check-in desks…

It looks like that, rather than use the non-connected small stands, the small flights are waiting on the baggage bay-connected medium check-in desks to become free, despite the fact that no baggage will be handled for those flights.

I have bug-reported this ACEO-41090

Perhaps the devs could hav a quick look to see if this is resolvable or whether a warning should be posted that this configuration is beyond the scope of the game…