Can't delete a save

When for example I save an airport then if I go to the “Delete Airport” tab I can’t delete it. I mean that when it asks you yes or no I can’t press the yes button. Problem happened in Alpha 26.1 and 26.2

I have the same problem. I went to the saves dir and blew them all away manually and they all came back next time! The strange thing is they came back before the game even launched. It seems Steam knows what’s best for me and I shouldn’t argue with it. (Don’t get me started.)

1 Like

We’re looking into this issue as of Alpha 27 but it seems as if it’s related to Steam Cloud saves (as you’ve correctly identified). My guess is that if you don’t sync your changes to the folder correctly after closing the game, the cloud will not understand that you’ve intentionally deleted those files and downlod them again. Was the game exited correctly after you had deleted the saves?

Was the game exited correctly after you had deleted the saves?

No, not after, since I’m pretty sure I would have only monkeyed with the saves directory with the game already closed. Certainly now that I know Steam takes control over my saves, it does make sense to delete them whilst the game is still running.

But the main problem is that the “Yes” button to confirm a save delete cannot be clicked in the UI. If that button would work, there would be no need to mess with the saves dir. The green color changes on mouseover, but when you click it, nothing happens except that subsequent mouseovers on the Yes button do not cause the color change.

1 Like

Yes, that issue has been fixed in the current internal version, Alpha 27.3-2, should not be too long now until that drops on the experimental branch.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to try out the new things! Keep up the good work! :sunglasses: My life been busy last couple of weeks. It’s hard to stay out of trouble sometimes! :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.