Can't extend runway

Hi Guys,
Really enjoying the game but have hit something pretty annoying, I am not sure if it is something stupid I am doing. I am trying to get medium flights to my airport. I have the medium gate and even flights offered but I can’t extend my runway beyond 640m (ie 2 20m extensions on the small runway). After 640m, no matter how I place the runway it won’t let me extend further as it says I can’t extend the runway outside the game world. The medium flights require 800m (I cant activate the toggle for medium flights in the runway menu) and I have no idea how to get to this length…Is the only option to spend the 750k to extend the gameworld, I see tutorials on Youtube where people have longer runways without extending the world…Help please!!

1 Like

yup, the only option is to extend the world… maybe you’ve seen old videos but in the new version you have to extend the map in order to upgrade the runway to 800m

2 Likes

Well that explains it, thanks very much :grinning:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! :wink:

1 Like

In my games I always take a loan from the bank to make the purchase of land and get the upgraded runway.

1 Like

Where can I buy additional land? I just started playing again after a few weeks (might even have been months) and haven’t found that option yet.

Just zoom out of the map and scroll to the right; up; up and right. There will be a lock(?) icon you can click on.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.