CEO Skill "Contract Negotiation"

I know I might be too late with the proposal, but please remember how much fun it is to negotiate contracts, terms and conditions and be successful or fail - that’s what a good CEO is - weigh up and risk or play it safe and accept the first offer without making a counter-offer. @Olof :wink:

1 Like

Did you just use the word fun to describe contract negotiation?? My heart hurts for you. Perhaps some programming in binary to top it off…

That said, I am eager to see the coming changes to staff attributes. A while back, I learned that you can have a pretty hefty effect on security efficiency be getting rid of all the people who are turds and hiring/keeping only the ones with two particular traits maxed out. That’s the sort of stuff of managing the airport operations that will take this game beyond a building sim. Sure, expansion is a thing and building airports if really brain consuming/enthralling in this game, but when all the stands are turned on, all the airport tarmac is completed, the planes are flowing (ish) and there isn’t any physical space left to build, attention then turns toward the operations side.

I’d love to see the expansion of HR features in the game. (in real life, I’d love to see the elimination of HR, but I digress) For instance, a more skilled HR director opens up features of more recruiting. Hiring people 5 at a time is tedious. Hiring an HR director who gives me the ability to hire 20 at a time… that’s worth it… even if they’re skill at daily operations is terrible and you have to constantly replace the people found. Things like this would be where it makes a shift to Airport CEO from Airport Architect/Engineer.

After being away for a while, I’m blown away at how much has been done and the quality of what’s being done. /Tiphat @olaf and the design team Apoposis Studios is putting together.

2 Likes

Hey @Bardaek
okay, “fun” is not enough, of course. But you all know it, don’t you? It’s really fun to negotiate on the market. And in the game it depends on how good your skills are - if you’re good at negotiating, then maybe you can reach your goal in the third counter-offer, if you’re bad at it, then you have a few possibilities - take the offer or leave it. The more successful contracts you make, the more XP you get. Do you understand what I’m getting at? No entrepreneur accepts every condition immediately, you can almost always renegotiate :wink: and that is completely missing for me.

Your suggestions are also right and good and I completely agree with you, the game has taken a great development.

2 Likes

@azb84 what game or program is that?

1 Like

Airport manager??

That is from the old airport tycoon 3 game. @EG0611

3 Likes

Not sure I’d describe that thing as a game (it was more of a bad attempt at a game and a frustration). This thing however is a phenomenal game and it’s not even finished yet

1 Like

But you had a negotiation tool :wink:

Voted (only said this to ‘revive’ it and put it to the top)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.