Community Realism Mod

I do this type of work professionally (branding, livery design etc) for actual airlines. I’m also active within the FS community and have done hundreds of liveries for three dozen plus airlines. No airline has ever initiated legal action against anyone in the FS community or elsewhere for reproducing their brand, ever. It’s free marketing and brand recognition. Furthermore, as an example, I worked directly with American Airlines to recreate their livery for the Aerosoft Airbus series.

@EG0611

Count me in!

You can find examples of my work at my site and in the Aerosoft downloads section.

1 Like

@DetCord Please god tell me you have done a 787 for united i will die as in buy p3d setup my yoke and rudder and play immediately

Because the LOGO is COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
You COULD do it but you SHOULDN’T do it.

I like real logo mod, but you should ask for permission first
That’s a respect to the company
PS : I am not going to argue with you guys again.

Good show, nobody cares.

Because the LOGO is COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
You COULD do it but you SHOULDN’T do it.

I like real logo mod, but you should ask for permission first
That’s a respect to the company
PS : I am not going to argue with you guys again.

Go ahead and report me to the authorities. I wonder what they will do. Meanwhile I will try to actualize this mod.

Also I figured out something, Devs used 1 .pmd file for multiple aircrafts in Airline design contest. So it is possible to create many aircraft models with one file.

1 Like

To be honest, it almost advertises their brand, let’s say a conversation goes like this.
1:Hi, I got an airline mod in ACEO yesterday!
2:Oh wow, what airlines are there?
1:There’s a Mexican one called “OLE”.
2:Oh, wow, I fly to Mexico often for business, I’ll have to have a look at them.

ADVERTISING
DONE.

I would like everyone to stop and think what you are doing.

• this is and shall remain a friendly forum. So stop any harsh language or personal attacks. Talk to people in private if need be, but dont use this medium.

• you want the devs to take time away from important stuff just so you can get your livery in the game. The devs have not decided yet how far they want mod support to go, especially for first release.

• you are advocating illegal actions on a forum associated with/ run by airport ceo devs.
    Dont expect promotion of any kind on this forum

Devs said there will be Steam Workshop support eventually, that’s what I based on it. I know it is “eventually” but there are more than 200 airlines around world and it will take maybe years to complete them all so sooner start, the better.
https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/mod-support-and-steam-workshop/95
I don’t ask devs to stop what they are doing and help me, instead I prefer them to finish and publish game. I asked their thoughs and support ideas.

you are advocating illegal actions on a forum associated with/ run by airport ceo devs.
Dont expect promotion of any kind on this forum

I am not expecting a thing. All I want is realism. Modding is not that illegal and something must-be-scared thing as long as it has no direct relation with game’s creative studio.

Lets all calm down and talk civil. @EG0611woukd like blank templates so that he can start on the thousands upon thousands that would need to be done. @kinkisharyo does have a valid point but @DetCord is in that industry and can help us find a way to talk to the airlines. Ultimately the thread is requesting some blank templates so work can begin.

Still don’t get how this thread is not just a duplicate of

Still don’t get how this thread is not just a duplicate of

That topic is like “which airlines would be added to the game” discussion and this topic is “how airlines would be added to the game” discussion. One is mind and the other one is muscle. Also a side note that this is my own try-and-error project. It might end up miserably.

If only, it was this simple as, to send a airline an message, SAS for example, and just say: Hey, I like your airline, and want to add it Into this game, because then I can relate even more to it, can I do?

1 Like

well then they would want you to make it cost money and they get most of the profit so it would be like x plane where every plane but instead of plane airline costs money

If only, it was this simple as, to send a airline an message, SAS for example, and just say: Hey, I like your airline, and want to add it Into this game, because then I can relate even more to it, can I do?

In the best scenario, airline will charge you for some fee to use their logo and design, in the worst scenario, they refuse it and they will start legal procedure since you already contacted with them. In between both, they will just ignore it and they will never send a reply to you. As @letsdothis41 said while I wrote this.

The best case is not involving any game studios and airline companies.

I have never ever heard any gaming community whining about whether mods are “legal” or not, do we all really believe that this is a thing? What about the real cars that are available for GTA, or realism mods in other games? It’s no big deal, instead of blocking an upcoming modders community why don’t we all support each other in our enthusiasm to make an already terrific game maybe even better with our own content? As said before we are one community so I think it’s time we start acting like one.

Support each other and don’t forget that we all share the same spirit!

2 Likes

Reason why is people are greedy almost nothing is free it almost always comes at a price

So I would like to suggest Virgin America and Australia, seeing that Virgin Atlantic is already on the list. Also, just as a note, OP, you have Japan Air Lines listed twice as “JAL airlines” and “Japan Airlines.”

You forgot jet blue!

Thanks didn’t notice that they are the same

Guys, just a little remark: the templates of the aircrafts in ACEO can still change. If you already start with modding/designing now, it’s possible that all your hard work is lost / not longer applicable when the devs decide to change the designs of the aircrafts.

I suggest to just wait until there’s more news about modding airlines. Maybe it’s something that will only be added in 2 years?

1 Like