Community World Cup Of Airlines! (Oceania Round)

Continuing with our World Cup Of Airlines, it is time for the Oceanic round
Schedule-
29/11- First Rounds
30/11- Quarter Finals
1/12- Final Day!
All votes will be uploaded at 5:00pm GMT and finish the next day at 4:30pm GMT
Due to the lack of airlines in Oceania there are only 8 airlines in this cup
Participants-
Air New Zealand
Air Niugini
Fiji Airways
Jetstar
Qantas
Regional Express
Tiger Air
Virgin Australia

• Air New Zealand
  • Tigerair

0 voters

• Fiji Airways
  • Qantas

0 voters

• Regional Express
  • Virgin Australia

0 voters

• Jetstar
  • Air Niugini

0 voters

Hehe. I was just joking about the Australian airlines. It’s awesome to see though. It’s a real shame that there isn’t much competition down here in the Southern Hemisphere.

While I’m here… Who on earth voted for Tiger Air? :rofl:

There really isn’t, it means all our airfares are quite expensive :stuck_out_tongue: But I’m hoping Virgin Australia does well tbh!

1 Like

Me too. They’re the best in my opinion.

I think their all write livery and the typeface is very classy. Besides, I actually prefer flying them to Qantas though as a full service airline they are not quite as developed. I find the service a bit more personable.

Besides, they have that ‘Virgin’ brand youth to it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I agree, not that I’ve flown recently though. I reckon their rebranding from Virgin Blue was really needed. The brand feels a lot fresher and new, and the planes look really classy.

QANTAS apear to have become a bit complacent recently. I think they’re trying to develop their international brand presence instead of their domestic market.

2 Likes

Um, isn’t Tigerair Singapore?

Correct! However… it is one of the few airlines to operate in the Australian Domestic Market. So it really does have a place in this comp.

What about Air PNG? Is Hawaiian Airlines considered American or Oceanian?

There’s not a whole lot to develop in their domestic market I suppose. Australia’s domestic market is heavily saturated and highly competitive regardless of what you do and where you got to be honest. Their incoming 787s may make things interesting though!

1 Like

Hawaiian Airlines was in the american round :+1: @ReV0LT

• Air New Zealand
  • Qantas

0 voters

• Virgin Australia
  • Jetstar

0 voters

Don’t make me choose between Qantas and AirNZ :frowning:

4 Likes

I was thinking, is there a skyteam airline in the Oceania? I know that virgin and air new Zealand have some codes are but none of them are actually in an alliance, am I right? :thinking:

• Air New Zealand
  • Virgin Australia

0 voters

Air New Zealand is Star Alliance and Qantas is One World. Virgin have chosen to form partnerships with a whole range of airlines but are not part of an alliance themselves.

1 Like

No skyteam, that’s a pity, I wanted to go down there one day with some miles :joy::joy:

Well as a NZer, of course I HAD to vote for my nations carrier :rofl:

1 Like

Virgin Australia does partner with Delta. Me and my family recently got back from a trip to Aus done on points(miles… they’re one in the same to me). Flew Delta and Virgin.

1 Like