Deactivated stand - evicts the vehicles

Hi,

I’ve just noticed then when a stand is deactivated, the vehicle assignments are erased.

Not sure if this is strictly speaking a bug but assuming it isn’t intended to happen? Deactivating a stand is of course required for making changes, so being able to retain the assignments would be helpful.

Key issue with this I find is, to amend the terminal facilities linked to the stand you need to deactivate it therefore losing all the vehicle assignments which for a large airport is quite a headache.

Also, when they become unassigned they end up doing a wacky race around the airfield unless significant number of parking lots available.

If when a stand is deactivated, can the vehicles remain parked up there until reassigned elsewhere? Noticed a feature request regarding this which redirects to reporting it as a bug but can’t find it here, so apologies if this is duplication

Thanks
Craig

4 Likes

On one hand I can see that it’s annoying if you just want to make brief changes, on the other hand I can also see it being annoying to manually clear all vehicles if you shut down a stand with the intention of deleting it. Not sure which one is the least annoying.

2 Likes

If I close a stand to make some adjustments (to scheduling or whatever) it is very annoying to have to re-assign. If I close a stand to delete it I will almost always delete it within a few minutes anyway :wink:

Thanks for response, good point well made.

Maybe if deleted they de-asign automatically? otherwise they stay in position/assigned?

The issue is mostly when tweaking minor things such as the boarding gate layouts.

Thanks

2 Likes

I think more annoying to have reassign when I shut the stand down to move a boarding desk (like changing stair use to jetway). Or can we get the ability to remove all but one boarding desk without closing the stand?

1 Like

What about adding a button next to the stand that’s basically “De-assign all parked aircraft”? (Would also love to see a similar button to “De-assign all connected boarding desks”). Therefore, when the stand is closed, vehicles remain attached to the stand, when it’s deleted then the vehicles all move out of the stand.

1 Like

How about putting in a timer - when the stand is closed for more than an in-game hour, the vehicle will then be unassigned. This will ensure it stays assigned during minor changes.

A de-assign button is a great suggestion. Not sure of a timer, as this could be complicated by distance from contractors and other factors, and could be a recipe for frustration if the timing is just off, and back to the original issue.

2 Likes

I 100% agree! Closing a stand to make gate changes is a headache when all the vehicles un-assign. Then I have to manually find each vehicle to assign it back. I would definitely either suggest a button to de-assign vehicles or have them de-assign automatically only when the delete button is pressed, not when the gate is closed.

3 Likes

We’ll see what we can do about this in beta. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.