Dev Blog 144: Soon releasing Alpha 34, beginning work on Alpha 35 and the Airport CEO soundtrack now available!

Also can we please have first, class differentiations, while check-in and lounges! :smiley:

2 Likes

I really like this idea… I feel like there should be more to the contracts in game… Right now it seems like a set and forget

Hello there.

With the incoming update and the subzones, will it be possible to divise arrival / departure zones ? I know this subject has been discussed already several times but i am not sure if I have understood everything.

My goals is to do a small local airport as follow :

What you have in your picture is possible at the moment, if you put the secure exits where the one way doors are on your diagram and have a secure footpath on the outside of the terminal between the terminal building and the stands.

In the current game, however, there is nothing to stop arriving passengers from going into the departure area (e.g. to use a toilet) before going back outside again to go to the arrival area.

Thank you I did not try that I must admit. It will help a lot to reproduce my little airport if it indeeds works.

My goals is to do a small local airport as follow :

Actually no. If what you try to accomplish is setting up some stands for “arrival only” and “departure only” stands, it is not likely to be implemented.

Although separated arrival and departure zones can be possible when one way doors are implemented.

Thanks for your comment. Actually stands are both arrival / departure.

It’s just that i want people arriving not passing through the departure zone but directly going in the separated arrival zone. I think what said Is4a535 may work for what i am looking for.

It’s just that i want people arriving not passing through the departure zone but directly going in the separated arrival zone. I think what said Is4a535 may work for what i am looking for.

It can work, although arrival and departure PAX can mix up while air side on walking from/to airplane. In this case; what can be done is

• “arrival only” and “departure only” one way doors
  • one way doors that will be unlocked when specific type of passenger is approaching
  • airside bus stops that are separated for “arrival only” and “departure only”

Although all of these are extra effort so let’s see what developers decide to do

2 Likes

Do I understand that correctly, you can have sepeated bus stops for arrival and depature?
The more you know :smiley:

Do I understand that correctly, you can have sepeated bus stops for arrival and depature?

No. There are no solid news about this feature.

I hope so too but there has been no mention of premium passengers/services in the Devblogs :frowning:

3 Likes

Dammit, already thought that I just didn’t pay attention.
But would be nice to have, just like arrivals from jetbridges coming out on ground floor - if anybody reads that by coincedence. cough cough

2 Likes

I hope the Devs read what you wrote a few days ago and take it in to consideration. ALthough it feels like they are going to ignore us and what they palnned in the first place!

2 Likes

Weird Q: is there a check for minimum distance for flights to be generated? Cause from my perspective, the problem’s no in “1 airport country”, but “0 airport country”. If the player opens an airport in a 1 airport country, then the country has 2 airports, thus domestic flights can be unrealistically made for small stands at the very least.

This could be either a period or a # of daily pax handled over the last 4 days. I mean, if you want to be more grounded, you could also say
a) your airport is excluded from immigration control requirement because the volume pax is too low
b) immigration control was performed outside the area map (e.g. in the departure airports) but then the because the volume is getting too high the government wants you to take over immigration control and put it in your airport

===
Personally, I’m also looking for clarification with regards to the customs (the examination of goods) part of the international update (if it does exist), since this is also the other piece aside from immigration control that needs to be examined as well and potentially more problematic than immigration control.

3 Likes

This would be awesome to get

1 Like

My understanding from the Devblog was that there will only be one system. The player can pretend for it to be immigration and customs in one. Although customs only exists on exiting the international secure zone, not on entry.

1 Like

No I believe that we have customs after our secure exits and immigration after security. This I don’t think will be one system, but the devs are probably still trying to figure out how the whole system will work.

1 Like

All right, so we’ve heard your feedback and we’ve reviewed your comments. I think that the discussion here is a good indication of how complex this subject really is and in turn another great example on how complex a game of this character can be, i.e. simulating an airport. It shows that this discussion is indeed needed to be had and that once you start going over it in your head, weighing together all aspects of the game regarding airport placement, tutorial, complexity, progression, resemblance with real life experiences and expectations, it really becomes obvious how important it is to tread lightly and think things through before moving forward with a specific implementation.

Easy if you want, hard if you can.

That said, as a response to your feedback we’ve put some additional time into enabling a gameplay based toggle setting called “realistic international stands”. Enabling this setting will cause a toggle to appear on the stand display and flight planner stand settings row where you can select the type of air traffic that stand should receive, i.e. if it’s an international stand or a domestic stand. If it’s an international stand it can only connect with boarding desks placed in an international zoned area and if it’s domestic it can only connect to boarding desks placed in a non-international zoned area (i.e. no specific zone at all). This also means that flights from other countries cannot be planned on domestic stands and that flights from within the country cannot be planned on international stands, as expected.

This solves the issue most people here mentioned, the fact that you cannot have wide body domestic flights or small international flights, which the “realistic international stands” setting enabled. It’s also something we feel is a good compromise between enabling new players to play Airport CEO without too much of a learning curve and allowing you peeps, the CE-PROs to enjoy the game a little bit more.

Regarding specific legislation such as EU and Schengen or other similar relationships across the globe we simply cannot support that due to the value it brings to the game does not make up for the complexity and resources required to both implement, and maintain it due to various potential Brexits, Swexits or Quitalys or whatever.

The setting will be purposefully hidden away because it’s something we’ve implemented for you people here, the real pro users, and not intended for people to enable on their first play-through and it’s mechanics will not be mentioned in the tutorial (it’s instead explained as you enable it). The default version of ACEO will feature an unruly government that require you to passport screen anyone who arrives on an aircraft that parks on a large stand, and the game will just like with the setting enabled only allow international flights on large stands.

The passport checking feature and international zoning is completed and we’ll go through it in detail in the next dev blog and share some pictures with you! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

With this new implementation, that sounds really awesome and like a good compromise. How will the game determinate how much flights are from domestic and international?
So we get the flights we need. If i have 20 stands, and it’s 50/50, will the game then make 50/50 domestic and international flights?

I.E Copenhagen, Or London, would be like 70% International and 30% domestic. Is it enough to just make 70% of the stands i have, to International then?
And in like China somewhere on a smaller airport a lot of flight would be domestic, like 70% on a smaller airport.

Or can we get a slider for this? In my head it’s about placement of the airport and ofc what country you play as.

3 Likes

It’s too early to tell what kind of adjustments we need to do there, but if you with this toggle enabled place your airport in Iceland you will at this point not get any domestic flights. We might need to revisit our airport database and load a few more of the smaller airports to get enough domestic flights but before we do that we need to test this is in the wild, starting with the current configuration and adapting it depending on player input! :slight_smile:

6 Likes