Dev Blog 144: Soon releasing Alpha 34, beginning work on Alpha 35 and the Airport CEO soundtrack now available!

No it was a story on Instagram.
It was a simulation preview of the Large Security Checkpoint that had supposedly should be released with the large airplanes.

Really? I don’t remember such a footage. Do you have link or anything?

Instagram stories normally are only available for 24/48 (?) hrs, unfortunately… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

But perhaps devs could provide this once again…? :thinking: :wink:

No sadly i don’t have because it will only appear for 24 hours. Hopefully @Olof or @Fredrik will show us again

1 Like

holy moly thank you devs so much :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

:heart_eyes: nice…

but where do you have this from? I can not see this on trello… do I have an “old version” of it, or something?

Bottom of the “awaiting development” section:
https://trello.com/b/b7EXgPej/airport-ceo-development

1 Like

Thanks!

Do you know, what’s the difference to this board:
https://trello.com/b/PipVWC15/airport-ceo-features

My understanding is that the features one which you linked only shows items which have been tagged as “features” (the green bar in the top left of each item), whereas the development one I linked shows everything, including bugs.

I may be wrong though

1 Like

I found this on the Trello:

3 Likes

… have you won the airport of the year award yet? :wink: :trophy:

This is not something we’ve seen a demand for at this point, I agree that it would be a fun addition but requires quite some work and sounds more like a potential post 1.0 update. If there would be more demand for it it’d be something we’d look at but currently it’s minuscule.

We’ll probably revisit the map database a few times as a result of the Alpha 35 update and new airline fleets.

Yes. You’ll also see notable time changes. Small checkpoints are easy to operate but they take a long time in Alpha 35 to process, mediums are faster but the fastest one is without a doubt the large checkpoint! :wink:

Yes, but the new features were not correctly tagged hence why they were not synced on that board. That’s now been fixed.

4 Likes

Great to see those changes. Is the escalator still planned?

Not sure if this was asked before, but when is the new feature competition going to end?

https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/airport-ceo-alpha-34-released-the-r-d-update/14574/548?u=olof

The rules have been changed, read here: https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/feature-voting-an-overhaul/14554

2 Likes

Woke up to an email from trello. I read it and there is a whole heap of things being implemented into the game. staff fixes, pathfinding, walkalators, immigration, passport control, security checkpoints, and self check-in. I was bewildered by,

Self driving vehicles? :innocent: :upside_down_face: :thinking: :thinking:

3 Likes

Self driving vehicles?

Me be like :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe also “buffet” for lounges? image image

2 Likes

I hope we’re getting more land to build on cause with 4 tiles we have right now, it’s very hard to build something major, maybe make lands purchasable infinitely and players expand on their own risk just add notice when buying more than 8/9 tiles

2 Likes

On the flip side, inclusion of cities/towns on the map could be used to create scenarios. For example build a regional/international airport without destroying the city/town.

We’re not sure yet, not as of Alpha 35. We wouldn’t doubt that CE-prOs would be able to build well with one-way doors but it’s more challenging for new players and there needs to be some path finding improvements and also UI fixes to make players aware of incorrectly built terminal areas. If we were to release one-way doors now I could see the backlog getting blasted, as you mention, with “pathfinding bugs” which are caused by dead end one-way door constructions (the same goes for one-way escalators). So, we need to make sure that a player can understand that they’ve deadlock something before it’s thrown in, and as I said we might need to do some path finding adjustments before. If one-way doors are possible it’ll reveal itself in the beta stage is my guess, but I’m also struggling finding real-world examples of where one-way doors are used in passenger areas on airports. Do you have any examples?

6 Likes