DevLog 63: Baggage Handling, Design Contest Finish & Literally Easter Eggs

Good night (or good morning?)! Here you go, packed with text, .gifs and images. Check it out!

http://airportceo.com/devlog-63-baggage-handling-design-contest-finish-literally-easter-eggs/

… now time for a few hours of sleep. See you soon… 8)

19 Likes

Sweet! Starting to sound like Early Aceess is only 2 weeks away.

2 Likes

Awesome! Getting closer and closer to release by the minute!

I think… Now you guyz do have an idea of the system requirements for this game. Can you please tell me (or us).

Amazing job guys. I can’t wait to start playing.

Nice work devs! Also,

Look at all the peeps standing in line for security. :smile:

2 Likes

Wow you guys rock!!! Can’t wait to play this game.

1 Like

Nice devblog guys.
Baggage handling is looking great.

A small question: In the last gif the planes are all in the exact same spot. Will we get a little bit of randomization to prevent it looking too similar (like you were planning with the desks)

5 Likes

I was just about to ask that, haha. But you beat me too it :joy:

This is looking really good, but I have a question about the second gif (the baggage handling one).
Why does the baggage car not use the second cart to transport some more baggage’s?

1 Like

Because it wasn’t filled up. The number of baggage trucks attached to the truck depends on the number of possible bags brought with the aircraft, if an aircraft has the possibility of offloading more than 40 bags then there must be more than one cart but it can still mean that only the first cart is used.

There’s a lot of values we can play with here, for example the CEO having to purchase carts separately or that we prior to the flight determine exactly how many bags will arrive but that’s something we might scale into at a later stage.

They actually are random, but as randomness had it they were perfectly aligned for this picture haha… perhaps @Fredrik can make sure that they’re a bit more random up ahead. As you said, they normally look a bit randomized.

7 Likes

I love this and looking forward to the game! Great you let us follow the process trhough these devlogs - its amazing! Keep up the good work - its not easy combining work/school AND making a game this big - impressive!

1 Like

Love it. I know its hard to combine coding with school/work. Can’t wait for the release. :airplane: :joy:

1 Like

Sounds greate :slight_smile: I can’t wait for the Alpha release
I put some money on my steam account… I’m ready :smiley:

1 Like

I hope they reduce the price just a tad to convince SimAirport buyers to also buy this title :smiley:

2 Likes

Will you simulate proper offloading and loading of bags to prevent this? :

7 Likes

Haha, I do hope so :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, Would definitely be interesting having to manage a situation like that :joy:

Love it guys! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date! Didn’t expect a devlog because of you two being away. Nice easter surprise ;)…

1 Like

Will the game be released outside of steam for Early Access?

Also, the baggage handlers were not picking up the item, it would magically teleport to their arms when they stood next to the baggage belt, same thing for loading the eggs onto the cart. Probably should polish that. :slight_smile:

For the 63rd time in a row, great devlog!

Will the game be released outside of steam for Early Access?

No, the Steam Greenlight campaign is the first release.

We will go for a Steam Greenlight early access release. We purchased the entry free months ago and started looking at Steam SDK integration today! :slight_smile:

3 Likes