Different passenger zones

So… I got an idea for different passenger zones like a ‘departure-only’ and a ‘arrival-only’. I think it would really improve the passenger flow. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

8 Likes

It would be excellent, as new options to make order in the terminals and floors.

Obviously, keeping the secure zone, to establish that people who do not have the boarding pass can not enter the reserved areas nor can they enter other important areas, such as security posts if they do not have permission or zones of the employees or the airport staff

It would be very good if they are new options and as a complement.

2 Likes

I think it’s a good idea to separate departure and arrivals.
However, I think zones are not the adequate tool for it. I’ve seen them rarely on real airports (only in combination with baggage claim areas).
The separation comes from the fact that when you arrive, you want to leave and pass all the shops and restaurants quickly.

Maybe we don’t need the arrival/departure zones, but even if we have them, they should not replace one-way doors, one-way escalators, one-way streets. These are needed anyway and IMHO good enough to create arrival and departure areas.

2 Likes

I thinkI did read somewhere that one problem that will arise with pathfinding if u have one way doors is that passengers “don’t care” if the can reach the gate afterwards. For example PAX looking for seats will go to seats regardless if the can get back to the boarding desk afterwards, and then it creates a deadlock cause they can’t find they way back. So a easy fix is to make a new zone arrival. departure zone is obviously the secure zone. Then departing passengers will not pathfinders into objects in the arrival zones and arriving passengers will want to clear the secure zone ASAP

2 Likes

they should not replace one-way doors, one-way escalators, one-way streets.

88ekke answered this question with correct answer:

For example PAX looking for seats will go to seats regardless if the can get back to the boarding desk afterwards, and then it creates a deadlock cause they can’t find they way back.

Imagine PAX as 3 years old fully energetic child. They can go anywhere they can without thinking their next step so they can stuck in a no-way return place. Eventually it will cause delays and bugs on path finding algorithm.

So a easy fix is to make a new zone arrival. departure zone is obviously the secure zone.

I am also thinking similar zone idea but then there will be many zones in game. Staff, Secure, Arrival, Departure and eventually we may have Domestic and International zones or maybe many more.

1 Like

Imagine PAX as 3 years old fully energetic child. They can go anywhere they can without thinking their next step so they can stuck in a no-way return place. Eventually it will cause delays and bugs on path finding algorithm.

There are no no-way-return-places in ACEO. There is only a malfunctioning pathfinding algorithm.

As I think you are right about current development status, I can not agree to or accept this status.

This is not reality and it is not necessary in ACEO.
E.g. there doesn’t exist any reason, why a pax who has entered a wrong security checkpoint, wouldn’t rapidly exit this secure area and find his correct path, afterwards.

NOW he is stuck, waits till his plane has left and then leaves airport.

And that’s not acceptable, and imho a major malfunction of actual pathfinding algorithm.

There are several more misbehavours of pax and staff, like staff is not able to locate nearest job task and go for it, no, any staff blocks this task, even if he is on the other end of the airport.

And these issues are existing for a long time, with multifloor they are getting out of control, finally.

I don’t see any need for more different zones/areas, as we actually have. With multifloor, even without one-way-doors, it is possible to divide pax flows into arrival and departure, as it is IRL.

What we need is a working pathfinding algorithm.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more!

Yes, I think we shouldn’t limit our feature requests just because of the supposed internal game structure. And with the multi-floor/multi-terminal update there is a complete rework of the path-finding algorith anyway, so why not just put one-way everything in there?

What you’re saying about the mulitfloor is correct. However It isn’t ironclad as the PAX will take the shortest rout regardless of the floor. Therefor a zone could really benefit the passenger flow

2 Likes

Or instead of zones, use the algorithm for the baggage. We will have modular travelators some day, so one-way’s.

I actually tried this. The second floor was dedicated to arriving passengers where the only way to get to the secure zone exit was to go to the second level. I tried to install a set of escalators next to ever gate that would take them up. I’ve seen it in international airports where you have to clear customs so they need to separate people immediately when they come off the jetbridge…low and behold…it didn’t work. Issues with the gate recognizing something with the security zones so it wouldn’t let me open the gate until I fixed it…ended up ditching the airport to create something different.

1 Like

it didn’t work.

It won’t work because game doesn’t support one-way passenger flow at the moment.

Then the devs should really work on this feature. I have a lot of passengers who think they need to go the endless way to the underground bathroom in the secure zone whilst going through the PAX queues at the gate instead of just taking an escalator down, leaving the secure zone and finding a bathroom right behind the baggage claim zone…

Maybe this needs a different feature request, but a split level jet bridge would help.
Arrivals flow into Level 1, Departures head down the ramp from Level 2, they both meet up at the point where the bridge turns 90 degrees and extends onto the aircraft. At least that’s how the real ones work.
I saw a thread that spoke about how real world airports do this. Heathrow is one that does this. Singapore does not, but they have security at each gate or group of gates, not one guard line per terminal. Might try building like this when I next play.
Brisbane International works with split levels. I think Sydney has split level for international. Both these have same level for domestics, as the security rules aren’t as strict

3 Likes

Alpha 35 is coming soon… :wink:

I can’t wait! I love the game but I haven’t played since the multifloor update was released (around july 2019?) because I had no way to separate arriving and departing PAX and that screwed my design plans. But if alpha 35 have the things I think it would have (one way doors, for instance) then I could FINALLY come back to play the game.
Talking of which, and this is a little bit of futurology, when do you think it would be deployed, considering the previous alphas deployment dates? I’ll say beginning of march (although I hope it’ll be way before).

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.