Flexible D/I stands

Hey, guys,

I know the scope is pretty much done, but wanted to ask if it would be possible to add a fantastic feature that would add a lot to the game realism.

Can you imagine a medium stand that is connected to a floor 0 with stairs as domestic and floor 1 with jetway as international? Sounds beautiful, although adds to complexity with 2 boarding methods.

However… What would it cost to make a remote stand universal? 2 gates with bus stops - one domestic and one international, both connected to the stand with possibility to interchangeably use them.

By developing this idea I could imagine contact stand with 2 doors - one to D, second to I, where 1 would be locked at a time.

This is a day to day business on smaller airports, whereas big usually have a staircase solutions for D and I floors. I’d really love to see it implemented at least partially.

Thanks for voices in the discussion.

It sounds great and brings more realism, but not sure if it is really worth to be part of this game which needs to be playable for non airport experts.

The thing is that all this extra development effort would only apply to the “Realistic International Stands” mode. In the default mode, only large stands need international zones and origin/destination of the plane is not relevant at all.

Also there are hundreds of airport and stand usage concepts around the globe. Every continent, country, airport etc. has some special characteristics. If the devs would implement this solution, another player will ask if they could implement the solution of his/her country.

Thanks for your comments. While I disagree with “hundreds of concepts”, the effort is not to be ignored. I did acknowledge that development scope is more or less closed and would see cargo DLC more gladly (:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: ), just didn’t want this idea to get lost or forgotten. Everyone can have their own playing style and airport concept - I especially value the tough beginnings where every money counts. :slight_smile: That’s it.

1 Like

Sure.

You are basically describe a Shengen terminal in modern airports when using 2 floors for boarding the same stand. That would also fit to another suggestion for MARS stands where one large stand could also be 2 medium stands or 2 bus stops.
Other requests are if arriving passengers could drop on another floor than the departing ones.

All interesting things I would love to see in the game as well. :smiley: Maybe ACEO2.

But speaking of Shengen, I have never seen this floor concept outside of a Shengen country.

In many airports, only remote stands can be used that flexible. As most of them don’t have a real assignment to a specific bus stop and can be served from any gate as you described.

Correct, that’s why I have suggested remotes separately, as it could be a fair compromise. :slight_smile:

Some airports use interchangeably connected stands as kind-of-remote as well, with stair/bus disembarkation whenever airplane shifts from D to I or vice versa. ;]

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.