Flights questions

Hello wondering how flight are generated? I have all kind of stands and a good mix of non int’ and international stands. Also many airlines. So I do get offered flights from all over the world.

So I am wondering if anyone have seen flight from.
Faroe Islands or Greenland?

That should be possible, then I understand that the spawn rate is not high at all. Just wanna know if it can spawn in game :slight_smile:

Are you playing on the realistic international mode or on default?

Realistic international stands :stuck_out_tongue: I’m all about realism haha :sweat_smile:

The systen should (what the devs have promised) offer equally flights for all available stand sizes and international modes. IF the airport is in a location which provides flights for that certain type.

Start with following:
Press TAB and click on your CEO head on the top left corner. That menu will say how many domestic airports there are.

Problem 1)
Your airport is in a very small country with only one domestic airport or a handfull which are very close together,
→ You may won’t get any domestic flight offered or only small ones.

Problem 2)
Your airport is in the middle of a very very big country.
→ small and maybe even medium planes may can’t reach the border of that country and only offer domestic flights.

Problem 3)
Your airport is in an area with lot of ocean around, the next international airport is far away
→ As far as other islands are from the same country, you get domestic flights for certain plane sizes. If it’s the only airport, there won’t be domestic flights.
→ Small and Medium international flights can sometimes offer very unrealistic destinations across the entire globus as they can’t find an airport within their min and max range.

1 Like

Ahh I see, interesting. Well I am personally playing in Copenhagen. So I am in the “middle” and do get flights from literally everywhere. And I have been playing Copenhagen for a loong time. But have never seen a flight to Faroe Islands or to Greenland. I will check the map then, and play your three problems to that map :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks :smiley:

May the airports there are missing in the database. :confused:

/Edit:
FAE is in the database, correct positon, countrycode FO
Greenland has also some, marked with countrycode GL

Paxsize is low for all, so there won’t be selected often for flights,

2 Likes

Thanks for Checking, that’s all I wanted :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.