FORUM GAME: Aviation Trivia!

I challenge you to swim in the near-arctic waters of the Orkney Islands! Also it’s probably cheaper to fly a couple of people there and back every day than build and maintain a bridge. So few people will use it that it’s hardly worth it! A boat would work but you know… Maybe it’s too slow and people need that 2 minute journey time, though I wonder if they have to arrive two hours early to check in!

4 Likes

Here’s a revive to this topic…

What is the oldest airport in the world?

1 Like

College Park Airport, Maryland, US

1 Like

Yep, sure is

1 Like

Your turn to ask a question

1 Like

Nobody told me if I was right.

@pderuiter, the air pressure and the dryness of air planes (10% dryer than most deserts)
reduces your sense of saltiness and sweetness. Also, the dry and not fresh air bin the cabin reduces our sense of smell, which is very important for tasting (80% of taste is from smell!)

Was I right @pderuiter?

2 Likes

yes you were, sorry, been kinda busy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know it’s. it my turn but what is the United States 2nd busiest airport

1 Like

Chicago O’ Hare?

1 Like

Nope try again

1 Like

Los Angeles (LAX)?

1 Like

Bingo good job

1 Like

My turn! What were the ORIGINAL names of the 3 NYC airports? It is a tough one don’t expect a lot of you to know.

Edit: If you want an easier question, I have plenty.

1 Like

I know they’re labeled as Newark Liberty International, LaGuardia, and JFK.

I want to say Newark was Newark Metropolitan Airport, JFK was like Major General Alexander Anderson Airport or something along those lines, and wasn’t LaGuardia like Glenn Curtis Airport or something like that?

1 Like

Google or brain??

1 Like

You can google it if you want, Newark was correct, LaGuardia was so close it counts as correct, but JFK was completely wrong

1 Like

NOTE: I meant the original name when they started building the airport. The name when it was first opened was New York International Airport

1 Like

JFK was Idlewild. :slight_smile: Since the others have been found already.

1 Like

Correct! Since both @Nace888 and @alpha have given answers, they each can ask a question.

Edit: I looked online and saw that during construction, they made the name of the project the answer nace888 gave. But they changed it again and at the time of the first commercial flight, it was New York International Airport (still widely known as Idlewind)

1 Like

I recalled Newark and LaGuardia, but had to look up JFK. I’ll have a question tonight (since I’m at work) so @alpha can carry on for now.

1 Like