Frequent Runway changes

Started my third airport today. Tried to model it after Landvetter in Gothenburg (ESGG/GOT) where I used to work. I noticed what I haven’t see before that the aircrafts now use both directions on the runway (i.e there’s runway changes). This is a nice feature but I think that it might need som tweaking. The ATC in this tower can’t make up his mind which runway to use and that is a great way to create congestion on the taxiways ;). I know that the atc part of the game isn’t a priority and that it is an airport sim, not an atc sim. But for the airport to flow without delays the atc has to function as well. (I know since I work as a controller). Maybe something to think of down the line. And don’t get me wrong, I think it works good as is and I really like the feature. You’ve created a great alpha so far!

1 Like

I agree. It can get congested.
I would suggest that there is a slight crosswind, which varies from 89° to 91° across the runway (nearly perpendicular to the runway).

However, it is realistic. I was one at Madeira airport, and there was almost no wind (for once). The planes seemed to alternate the direction they used the runway… :slight_smile:

Can you Tell me How you manage it, that the planes Starts/Land from Both Sides? My planes only Starts from one Direction

I’m actually having the opposite problem. It seems that in certain time period, the planes land/depart from one direction, but in other periods, the planes land/depart from the other direction.

I am having the same problem. I have tried to gauge why but there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason why at certain times they land/depart in different directions

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.