Help out translating Airport CEO!

Last question, how do we add plural and male/female form (french is crap :sweat_smile:)

I will help contribute in the dutch translation. This will keep me busy for a while.

1 Like

I can potentially get someone to do Portuguese for you (would be the Portuguese spoken in Portugal rather than Brazilian Portuguese although they might be able to do that as well/instead)

In that specific example, 0 = flight number, 1 = some kind of operation, like “land”, “depart” etc., and 2 is the reason. Languages and programming is the worst mix, and depending on this localization effort, we might need to change this particular line to:

{0} can’t {1}. Reason: {2}.

I think aéronef is the most suiting here, and in general throughout the lines :slight_smile:

Haha, it’s beautiful, but maybe a pain with grammar! Do you have any examples of when you’d want to add plural?

Also, I would like to say to everyone that sometimes, the key itself might help if you are doubting the context. It’s very cool to see all the effort that’s currently put in and we’re really looking forward to see ACEO in all the languages :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

i can open localizor on my Phone, but not my pc, any suggestions?

nvm, had to download a diff browser. I don’t like it’s not supported for edge.

1 Like

I’ll help for Dutch!

1 Like

I can help with Indonesian if there’s option for it :stuck_out_tongue:

Here two cases that might need a plural and male/female adaptation depending the case.

The first one is with the past participle.

Example: operation-pane.key.hired

The message in English is “hired” for both male and female characters.

However, in French the past participle has to be adapted to the number and gender and would give the following:

• The translation of “to hire” is “engager”
  • For a male, it would be “engagé”
  • For a female, it would be “engagée"
  • For group of two or more people, it would be “engagés"
  • For group of two or more females, it would be “engagées”

The same happens with adjectives

Example: generic.key.not-operational

I don’t know for which object it is linked but let me illustrate the issue with a car and truck:

A truck is “un camion” which is male

A car is “une voiture » which is female

Thus, a truck is “opérationnel” while a car is “opérationnelle”. The same happens for plural, a group of two or more vehicles or objects that have at least one male noun “opérationnels” is used while a group of two or more vehicles or objects “opérationnelles” is used.

Olof, are you looking for exact translations for the phrases or can we suggest minor changes in it?

An example to help understand: I would make the phrase “Fuel depot does not support attachable fuel tanks” into a translation of “This fuel depot does not support attached fuel tanks”
In some cases, in my language it would be more suitable to refer to a traveller instead of passenger (as passengers is only suitable in a correlation to a vehicle)

1 Like

finally!!!

The English language is of course also up for proof reading, as you can see that the contribution is at 100.0% but the proofing is at 0. So you can go into the English section and upload suggestions as well, or vote on our default text to verify those!

However, since we’ve now got all the other languages up for translation, we would need to adapt the other languages as well (which is fine if it’s just one string), so we’ll be very vary of accepting a new phrasing for English. Incorrectly spelled words are of course up for proofing, though!

1 Like

I do not want to make enemies, if I raise some criticism here, but after registering I got the first example:
AircraftController.cs.key.43
The word to be discussed is ‘depart’ in american english. Without its context in a sentence.
We get, however 4 different translations for the word from 4 different persons - and are still not a bit wiser whether the word is used as verb as in ‘to depart’ or using the archaic substantive ‘depart’ or simply the word ‘departure’ is meant, another substantive. All 4 suggested words are right in their own context but which one is meant? Even capitalization depends on the word’s position in a German sentence. How are we to vote for the correctness of it? By making it a ‘free for all game’ I fear the system will create more confusion than it helps at certain points. My humble 5 cents.

2 Likes

@DocDesastro, very valid criticism, we have a back log of example requests to submit which hopefully should clear things up. I agree that it’s impossible to know the context of “Depart” so until an example is uploaded all suggestion would make sense on their own. We’ll try to get the backlog down as soon as possible.

I’ve uploaded some screenshots already. If i can can see that backlog as a user i’ll upload some more.
Also i hope you don’t mind i’m replacing $ with € as my language is used in the eurozone (dutch: Belgium and the Netherlands).

Per the instructions you should use the dollar sign for now, although it may not matter that much as if or when we implement localized currency conversion we’ll just run through all strings and replace the character.

@DoctorPelusa We are the only two people translating the game into Spanish

Any Czechs out there? Might want to check after me, I am not a native speaker after all.

1 Like

I also wanted to point out that the literally translation might sound odd in the corresponding language. I figured this out when I was studying Latin and later Spanish at school. We should allow for translations that sound more natural but might not be the thing e.g. google translator will pop out.

2 Likes

Lets get the 100% percent for the dutch language tonight dutch translators!

2 Likes

I’ve seen lines translated without context there. Let’s go for quality over quantity.

1 Like