Help please CPU usage too high

Hi every time i play the game my CPU usage goes crazy to minimum 35% and maximum 50%. Normally this never happens with any other game also the game slows down really badly sometimes.

I have a Windows 7 pro 64-bit with 8GB RAM and a intel core i3 3110M at 2.4GHz processor.

Thanks for you help from now
ceo2

Could you clarify which other games you mean?
Since your PC is rather low end I don’t think seeing CPU usage of 50% is too high.
My laptop with an i7 7700k also reaches cpu usages of 50% on bigger airports.

Just some tips which might improve your experience:
Close all other programs, especially google chrome.
Turn the graphic settings down if possible.
Consider switching back to the default branch.
In the “Gameplay settings” menu there’s a possibility to change the passengers per flight percentage,
if you lower it fewer passengers will be rendered by the game. But that won’t change your income per flight.

The devs are working hard on improving the optimalisation of the game so bigger airports are possible and weaker pc’s are more capable of playing the game. In the future your cpu usage should go down as the devs roll out more performance updates.

Hope this helped a bit

2 Likes

Thanks KingBirdy i guess thats why its like that hopefully it will be optimised soon.

Thanks again.
ceo2

Sure, no problem!

Lol, mine peaks at 100% a lot ;).

3 Likes

ceo2, are you playing on the default branch or on the experimental branch?

In the “Gameplay settings” menu there’s a possibility to change the passengers per flight percentage,

Where is this option I couldn’t find it

It should be visisble via the main menu gameplay settings panel.

Let me have another look,

Do you mean the f10 menu?

F10 is a debug menu. The main menu is what you see when you startup the game. It has a settings button

Last I checked the options where all disabled lol, just saw them all now lol.

Is vsync worth having on or off, I couldn’t see a difference ?

Is that option added? nice, I would think it is no big difference for ACEO, since most stuff is run over CPU. If not, I already considered letting Vsync loose ;).

Yeah, vsync works as it is intended. I don’t know what or how it helps/benefits performance though?

The general idea behind Vsync is maxing some value of output cycles of a specified calculation, the maxing has an effect on the way the device in question is handled in stress, what is spread out more, so, the maximum set in the Vsync settings is doing the spreading, when you uncap Vsync (or disable it) then the spreading does not happen, and you allow your device that is constrained to stress more calcs in peak times; so, when your game that you play, has spikes in game-play-rendering, it could be useful to disable Vsync, so the peaking is not spread by the device, but can run wild unto the device is maxed. In ACEO it seems the game is peaking on Merging / Registering zoning, where “terminal” is a zone in itself; so, when you stress ACEO on these tasks, an unlimited Vsync could claim more processing power to work the peak; what could manifest as less lag in the task performed in game.

1 Like