Huge queue at the restaurant

Hi

I have a restaurant that must be very good, because people are forming a huge queue. The thing is, the line is so big that passengers aren’t boarding the plane, causing delays, and many times i have to dispatch the aircraft without the passengers. And you can see that the queue goes inside the bathroom nearby.

This can happen if the restaurant is the only restaurant in the airport. To solve this you can add another cash register inside the restaurant zone, so passengers will be able to get served faster and reducing delays. Also in might be worth adding more restaurants to the airport so passengers have more choice at what restaurant they want to eat at, adding more restaurants will also increase your hourly income as well.

Yeah, unfortunately passengers are unable to realize that they are late for their flights mid-queue. It’s something we’ll look to fix either in Alpha 36 or at the latest during the early beta stages.

6 Likes

Last time I had this, I put in another cafe, but the PAX all decided they still liked the original one… :frowning:

1 Like

Idiots!

4 Likes

Single-minded individuals who don’t like airline food?

3 Likes

No, just plain idiots… :smiley:

4 Likes

I have two more restaurants, but they love this one.
I built another cash register, but the franchise staff don’t occupy it. It seems you can have only one.

I put a second twin cash desk in and it works. I don’t get the mega-queues any more, but unfortunately, every so often I get this happen, the only way to resolve it is to save the game, exit to desktop, restart the game and reload the save. No more PAX join the ‘huddle’, and they slowly disentangle themselves, make a purchase and leave…

I did put a second cash desk, but it stood there empty for more than a day, so i deleted it.

Actually it’s realism. I know many of those.

1 Like

…and I tried putting in a small cash desk in a Cafe which already had a large cash desk in it and nobody used any restaurant in the terminal for a game day. So that’s out, too…

Theres got to be some randomisation of passenger preference in the game. I spend time building whole food courts and shopping areas, for passengers to just flock to the nearest one shop and one restaurant. It’s unrealistic (and I know it’s a tycoon game) and leaves you with lots of unfulfilled franchise contracts, thus losing money.

I’m no coder but it would be good if passengers had random preferences for what type of food or shopping they want, for example, a passenger fancies Sushi, so heads to Hiko. Or if a passenger fancies buying jewellery, head to Belanger. Some categorisation of franchises in which passengers have preference with could be a cool solution to getting everyone using your available restaurants/shops.

Many british airports, as well as airports like IST and DXB, have whole shopping malls as a means of income. Would be good if there was a point to building more than one shop and restuarant, especially post-security.

And I know it isn’t Shopping Mall CEO :laughing:

If you build it while the restaurant is already open, additional staff will not come and staff it. Let the restaurant close and reopen and it should be fully staffed. If you build the extra registers before you sign a restaurant contract, it should work too.

1 Like

They did when I did it. See my image a few posts up…

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.