In game company mods

Just curious if we’ll be able to change the names of any of the in game companies through mods and such? For example shop names or food place names? Construction companies?

Every game on PC platform have been modified by modders since the early days of PC gaming so as Dr. Alan Grant said in Jurassic Park; “Life finds a way”

3 Likes

The developers have planned to add (some) modding capability to the game.
Changing names will surely be possible. I dont know however if and how much is possible on initial release

Actually it may be possible to mod the EA version too. But I think we may have to decompile the game using Unity (if possible…never tried on another Unity game) and then access the resources or such… And then edit them… I am a noob in coding :joy::sweat_smile: I have a feeling that I am totally wrong.

It’s already possible and you don’t need to do any advanced hacking other than changing some .json-files! :slight_smile:

@Fredrik will return with a guide when the game is released and if you haven’t managed to figure it out yourselves by then… :wink:

10 Likes

Woahhhh… Didn’t see that coming.

3 Likes

This is why the devs of this game are the best. The devs know the community they are building the game for.

@Fredrik @Olof You gents are the best.

5 Likes

I’ve been wanting a game like this for years. I’m an airport employee so the realism is greatly appreciated! I can’t wait to see what this game is like one year from now. They are the Frontier of Airport games! Just wish they’d take my money already!!

6 Likes

How big are the chances we get a preview of those json files before release? :smiley:

0%… Obviously.

1 Like

Are you looking for this file:

10 Likes

The winners of the business design competition already has! :wink:

But this is the standard format for shops and restaurants. You create a folder with a json and a png logo file. Products are placed in a different folder and you can even add your own, including adding texture and color variations.

{  
   "name":"TURNER",
   "description":"Your standard airport newsstand. Selling everything from today’s best sellers & magazines as well as a full line of convince items.",
   "logoPath":"turner.png",
   "businessClass":0,
   "businessType":5,
   "CEOName":"Richard Blankenship",
   "franchiseType":"Shop",
   "products":[  
      "Book",
      "Newspaper"
   ]
}
6 Likes

That is amazing! So I could do my local news paper imaged on to a news stand shop?

4 Likes

You guys are amazing…

Alright people. let’s get to work :smiley: I’m sure we can have a few real world entries ready from all over the world before release.

2 Likes

Chick-fil-A someone needs to make that as a restaurant option!

Could you … post some other json files? :smiley: Or is that asking too much?

The principle is the same for banks, contractors, aviation fuel suppliers. “Franchise businesses” have some additional variables.

{  
   "name":"Indigo Investments",
   "description":"Indigo Investments is a infrastructure investment bank that finances P3 (Public Private Partnerships) projects. A large portfolio under management includes public transit, airports as well as ground transportation networks.",
   "logoPath":"indigo.png",
   "businessClass":3,
   "businessType":3,
   "CEOName":"Oscar Klausen"
}

Products looks like this, but might change. We have not spent too much time on this.

"productType":"Headphones",
         "pricePerUnit":20,
         "imagePath":"product.png",
         "availableColors":[  
            {  
               "r":1.0,
               "g":1.0,
               "b":1.0,
               "a":1.0
            }
         ]
4 Likes

Does that mean you could just add a new shop into the game by just creating a new… Class/Object or whatever you call it in a .json file and then point it to a picture you’ve put somewhere for the logo?

That is what he is saying. I hope there will be a file with probabilities of a certain shop turning up in a playthrough.

All we need now is a list of businessClass and businessType:)

You might want to fix my spelling mistake “convince” should be “convenience”. Can’t launch with this bug!