Increasing Performance through passanger groups aka families?

First: I have absolutly no knowledge about coding, so forgive me a maybe stupid idea :wink:

In the last devlog it says that still the number of passengers decreases performance. As far as i understand from reading the devlogs every passenger is a agent and every agent needs to be calculated, wich is why every agent decreases performance. right?

what if we would have small groups/families? that would be one agent, but the grafik would show up to 4, 5 or 6 persons, acting as one. the calculation has only to be made twice, right? but that (group)agent would count as the number of people when it comes to boarding or pax count.

so a small plane with 20 seats for example could be filled by 5 groups a 4 persones but the system would only have to calculate 4 agents instead of 20 single ones.

I remember the devs saying they were looking into it. Or something.

It was also quite popular in the voting rounds too.

1 Like

It’s a good idea and the devs have talked about it already. It would enhance realism and look a lot better, if you look at how visitors move in planet coaster, that’s just super cool.I don’t think it’s as simple as you think :slight_smile: , There’s one problem I could see. Let’s say you have a group of 5 passengers and they walk in a group, some next to eachother some behind. If the group than encounters a corner and the path was calculated for a person in the middle the persons on the outside would hit a wall. You can see this in this image.

1_iSt-urlSaXDABqhXX6xveQ

I believe it would be possible if you calculate it for 2 persons on the outside of the group, and even that would not be perfect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.