Is my airport too big?

I was updating my Airport to handle big airplanes, but started to get slow at point that is nearly impossible to play.
Is my airport too big for this version or my ploblem is the people that got forever stuck?

Nah, itā€™s not.

I wonder about your use of sidewalks and the location of your bus stops. My passengers donā€™t like to take the path backward at all, but yours are going to have to find a path on a sidewalk instead of through a terminal. I try to dump all my people at the curb, get them inside and then get them through as quick as possibleā€¦ and even then, Itā€™s not easy or working. Iā€™m on my 10th or 15th iteration and pondering the next redoā€¦

Your airport is way bigger.
Its slow or you have a super computer?

Blockquote
I wonder about your use of sidewalks and the location of your bus stops. My passengers donā€™t like to take the path backward at all, but yours are going to have to find a path on a sidewalk instead of through a terminal. I try to dump all my people at the curb, get them inside and then get them through as quick as possibleā€¦ and even then, Itā€™s not easy or working. Iā€™m on my 10th or 15th iteration and pondering the next redoā€¦

I have bus stops on the second one too, but they do travel between the two buildings and I think that is because the checkin desks pick the wrongs flys.

I get about 3-4 fpsā€¦ and itā€™s going to get worse with the opening of the next 26 gates above the previous 51ā€¦ now itā€™s an issue of available grid squares to use at allā€¦ It runs on an old laptop i5 ok. Itā€™s a simulation game, so Iā€™m not so worried about the graphics.

I suspect itā€™s more of the work in progress for you. Iā€™ve made many many iterations of my airportsā€¦ my save game file is actually called ā€œfinally workingā€ because it took me so long to start to figure out the intricacies and i"m still learning. Thatā€™s part of the fun of simulation games for meā€¦ figuring out what worksā€¦ Iā€™ll let you know when I finally doā€¦

Split terminals are hard. Iā€™m actually about to try it using pedestrian crossings along a service roadā€¦ /fingers crossed as to what happens when I open all of the gatesā€¦ error messages may crash the whole damn thing.

I canā€™t comment on the FPS drop, but do you need four runways? Looking at your GA parking and terminals, wouldnā€™t 2 be sufficient?

Unless it ties in to future expansion plans, maybe?

I completely agree with that. One thing has become readily apparent to me in this gameā€¦ to many choices for the game to pick doesnā€™t end wellā€¦ same could be true of RL people tooā€¦ I also donā€™t ever make runways longer than theyā€™re needed. I have yet to find need for those mid point runway exit points unless the runway is too long. Besides, if you stagger them, you can have your runways right next to eachother to free up space down the road. The runway plan I have built is the end result of multiple iterations and frustrations. That particular make-up I"ve come across can put a lot of airplanes in teh air quickly and put a lot of them on the ground quickly. THey all flow in the same direction tooā€¦ right to left. It allows for arrivals and departures to not block eachother out as much as possible. The line for leaving can get ridiculous, so I tried to build in runway space for them to wait while not blocking other aircraft from being able to depart the gate.

Indeed, agree runway length, made it long enough for medium aircraft, and havenā€™t touched it since. I only have one servicing 3 medium stands, 5 small stands and 5 GA (were remote small stands, but was having issues with delayed flights (I have found the solution, so now experimenting with my ā€˜Bā€™ Apron that handles medium flights), so changed them to to GA (donā€™t want to forget how GA helped get my airport going).

The queue of departing aircraft did sometimes block departing aircraft, but I have since demolished that terminal, so is not an issue anymore. I may move the runway further away, even if I add a second one, to prevent lines of aircraft blocking the ramp But, that is just something to keep in mind for future upgrades to my airport.

I find the GAA only gums up the works in its current version

Yes, Iā€™m planning to expand later.

After the last update the people roaming on baggage bay left to home and the performance now is normal.
Thanks developers!

2 Likes

Try zooming in. If that doesnā€™t work, make sure your RAM usage isnā€™t too high.
To check your RAM usage:

1. Press Windows Key + X
  2. Select ā€œTask Managerā€
  3. go to the ā€œPerformanceā€ tab
  4. Click Memory
    If it is considerably high, go to the ā€œProcessesā€ tab and close the programs that are taking up a lot of RAM. I hope this works for you.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.