London Elizabeth Airport (LEX)

Hello! This is my first major airport project, starting in London. Located in between Luton and Heathrow, London Elizabeth Airport is a smaller airport, popular with mainland European airlines, for its cheaper pricing. Serviced by a branch of the Central Line, we start underground, where all non-secure services, such as baggage claim ticketing, and all vehicular transit out and into the airport. Terminal 1 and 3’s first floor is full of shops, restaurants, lounges, and security, and the second floors are just seating and links to the jetbridges. Their B1 floor also houses 4 airside bus stands each, as well as all baggage depo. Terminal 2 in between T1 and T3 is for LCCs, and only uses walkout gates, and is much more crowded, and a second floor is under construction under the demands of EasyJet and Ryanair. The airport has three runways, but only two are operable, as 09/27’s status is in limbo, as its approach path is too steep for anything larger than an E175, and is to the south of the airport. 08L/26R and 08R/26L are always taking planes, and are to the north of the airport. Images coming soon!

3 Likes

Terminal 1 Remote stand 1-4 area floor B1:

2 Likes

Plans changed:
Terminal 1 and 3:
Floor B2 Ticketing, terminal-link, shops and eateries, circle line stations
Floor B1 Baggage claim, remote stands terminal
Floor 0 Security, baggage depos
Floor 1 Seating and gate desks
Floor 2 Shops, lounges, and eateries
Terminal 2:
Floor B2 Terminal link and Ticketing
Floor B1 Baggage claim, Security
Floor 0 Seating and gate desks, temporary shops, and eateries
Floor 1 UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2 Likes

Terminal 2 B1 North:

South:

2 Likes

I love it, I love seeing others creations and getting new ideas from them! I like all the trash cans scattered all throughout the terminal. We don’t have a lot of remote stand in the U.S. so I haven’t used them much, but at my airport im working on, I’m going to use the remote stands for my Private/Charter Stands. Keep building! Can’t wait to see more that you do!

Here is mine if you haven’t seen it already:

1 Like

Yeah, your’s really inspired me, and I wanted to try europe before I did my home country. More images coming soon!

1 Like

Terminal 2 Floor B2 Ticketing, mock-up terminal link station, some security

1 Like