Next Level Airline Contracts?!

first of all, it’s really a mega game, but I lack a bit of depth in the contract negotiations. I have no space for manoeuvre, cannot grant any discounts, there are no other airports that compete or make a better offer. Take it or leave it - yes/no - as CEO you have to be able to negotiate and not just plan, buy, build. what did you think about this aspect? will there be negotiations? can we go too far? can we get canceled? will contracts be extended?

2 Likes

The devs mentioned somewhere they will concentrate a bit more on the “tycoon” part of the game after having finished the new turnaround services.

I’m sure that we will see an overhaul of the contract system in the future.

1 Like

Before the Trello system lost its Sync to Jira there was an entry for Contract System overhaul so it’s on the radar at least.

1 Like

Sounds good. is this right @Olof ? :wink:

Personally i would like a total revamp of the way how it works, now it works really like a game. you open a contract and then you drag a flight to a given location on the roster, independent on the requirements of the contractor. I would find it much more interesting if the job of the airport is not planning the flights but Afferming the flights that the contractors give, then they give the flights depending on a list of dynamic requirements. small example to explain:

the contractors are seperated into financial requirements: budget, normal??, high end, Vip/private charter

to help these new requirements the stands themselfs must have some adjustable logic in them, so a stand with a bus connection on a far away parking location is €100.- p hour, a stand with a jetway and a shorter turn around time (dedicaded vehicles, ramp staff room is … titles closer than the rest, ect) can be €1100.-

then if you have a specific contract they check what the possibility’s are at your airport. short recurring pricefighter flights will be offered first since they don’t have to tank and don’t need cleaning ect. they then plan a date/hour and you have to confirm (automatic) that you have a stand available filling their requirements. after a while enough contractors have filled all your stand’s and you have to maintain your infrastructure to ensure that the turnarounds are fast enough for the wishes in the contact.

after a while you want to earn more per flight so you add more stuff like refueling, this will be picked up by the contractors and they request that service for their long range flights and as such you unlocked “long range flights availability” with this unlock they demand that they get a staffroom for their pilots and would like to have cleaning meaning you have to grow and expand again.

everytime you add something the contractors demand more and to keep them happy and get more flights you have to grow the airport and the effecienty of the airport to still be able to give their demands

Edit:

Okay typing on the laptop in the car made it a bit of a mess (especially since the chauffeur drives 220) but the TLDR is that the contractors base their willingness to book a stand (single or recurring) based on what kind of contractor they are (budget, high end, ect) and the delivered service + happiness compared to the price you give. The more you can deliver the more they demand so the ‘progression system’ is integrated in the contracting/economy system.

What I do want to add is that the “worthiness” of a stand is based on 1. Turnaround time, 2. Customer happyness, 3. Price, and 4. Available services (this also drives progression since they want different flights then, adding refueling will let the contractor grow to a more long range so they want to land bigger planes, ect)

The turnaround is then not fixed like it’s now but a calculation. If your security can’t handle it the turnaround increases, if the truckyard for the stairtruck is further away or booked for a stand it increases the turnaround. The calculation is averaged around a full day or a full week.

Airport capacity would then be calculated on the amount of stands+stands calculated turnaround times, and a user defined parameter of the time between runway actions+amount of usable runways

2 Likes

Sounds so good - and i’m a big fan of negotiation. a business tycoon without negotiation is no business tycoon :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.