Overhaul Stands

I think it would be awesome if it be considered to eventually overhaul stands and how they are categorized, which can allow for awesome airport planning/layout. We currently do not see true “commuter” aircraft for the commercial airlines within the game (i.e. Saabs, Beeches, smaller DHCs, etc). However, we do see regional jets (CRJ, EMB), and then the “regular” sized passenger aircraft.

I would propose separating out the current small stand, and make it the “General Aviation” stand. The I would have “Commercial Aviation” stands with sub-categories:

Commuter Stand: I would love to see a something similar to the game’s current small stand for commercial, commuter flights that will (almost) never use a jetway (i.e. Saab, Beech). In my opinion the game’s small stand is slightly too small for those commuter props to park in and leave without technically incurring something else, but the current commercial flights that service a small stand are not true passenger/commercial aircraft (at least where I am).

Regional Stand: I envision this being in between the size of the game’s current small and medium stand, and I would limit its aircraft to CRJs and EMBs (and anything similar for the future). Perhaps make this a jetway-less stand. In my perfect world, this stand does not need a pushback truck; they just turn out of the stand (no reverse thrust).

Small Commercial Stand: the game’s current small stand, which can allow the aircraft from the regional stand to park there if you want those aircraft to be able to use jetways. In a nutshell, CRJs and EMBs could park on 2 types of stands, jetwayed or jetway-less, and it could help with cost when building the airport. I think it would be ideal to offer 2 versions of this, one where you need a pushback truck, and one wehre maybe they pull in angled (on purpose) and can then just turn out of the stand on the aircraft power (not reverse thrust out, but turn 180-ish degrees).

Medium Stand: Would love to see a stand for 757s/A321s AND it have dual jetways, but also not take up as much room as one would need for a 767/777+. 737s/A320 family could park there, and when that type is there, only one jetway is used/triggered.

Large Stand: basically the next stand I assume that will be designed for the game; able to handle 767/777/787/A330/A350 etc.

Jumbo Stand: if the game ever decides to introduce jumbo widebodies, since as of today (2/14) that era is almost gone. Regardless, I do think you could justify this stand type by having it be dual-jetway AND allow it to handle either 1 jumbo/large, or 2 smaller aircraft in a “Gate# A/B” type of numbering. I see it at many airport.

I know this isn’t anywhere near the development table, but I think we need to gear ourselves towards this for the future of the game. Thoughts?

4 Likes

I do think stands as well needs a bit of a look over. I don’t know exactly but all suggestions I think are of value including this.

Most airports have a “medium stand” that allow from 737 or similar like embraers to B757 or B767 with one jetway and for bigs airplanes from A330 to B747 or 787 with dual jetways… smaller planes dont need twi jetways

For regional planes like ATR, DASH its normal use small stands but also its possible use the medium stand just for remote, this kind of aircarft dont need pushback, they can do a power back (pushback using reverse, normal in this airplanes)

Also medium stands could be used like small stands for walk on - walk off (like Ryanair do in most of the airports where they flight)

I like this, to bad it’s hard to implement the opening of aircraft doors. I would love the see the ATR and CRJ parking at a gate-less stand and using it’s own inbuilt stairs in the future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.