Passenger only areas

Feature request title:
Passenger only areas

Description:

Hmm, we have staff zones so we can make staff stairs via zoning but what about passenger zoning?

Why it should be implemented:

It should be implemented because then there is a place where only passengers can go

3 votes no comments

But what kind of areas are passenger only zones?

I am quite sure all staff of the airport have to be cable to reach a all areas of the airport.

1 Like

I completely agree with ever aspect of this.

First time I hear a ā€œpassenger only areasā€ on an airport. Has it been done before in real life?

1 Like

If you place your staff rooms correctly, you donā€™t have a problem with staff sitting in passenher seat areas.

this seems pretty unrealistic, and what would the purpose of this even be?

2 Likes

Hello, it would be better if they add Check-in zones so that passengers go directly to it when they arrive at the airport so that they do not enter restricted areas

Actually that should not happen. If it is so at your airport, please create a separate topic and provide some screenshots of your airport layout.

Not sure why this is suggested Iā€™m afraid. Airports by their nature need full staff access to supervise all areas for security reasons and also maintenance. I havenā€™t came across any issues with staff, they stay in staffroom

4 Likes

Yes, I have to agree with @craigwats here. Lets say in Alpha 36 we get a person getting injured in a passenger only area. There would be no way for someone to help. The only way that would be possible is if the @Devs overhauled the system to let emergency services in. Alsoā€¦ janitors. We donā€™t have to talk about them. :wink:
My point is that if we have these areas, we would still need some staff to be there to stop hijackings and what not, so there would be no point in this being in the game.

In real airports passenger-only zones make sense. These are areaā€™s after check-in where passengers are allowed but non-passengers like visitors or family isnā€™t allowed to go. These areaā€™s are designated as ā€˜passenger-onlyā€™ but staff is also allowed there ofcourse. Everywhere where the passengers can go, staff can also get to.

For the game I canā€™t really think of a function for the passenger-only area because we donā€™t have non-passenger civilians other than staff. And as stated before staff should be able to go everywhere the passengers can go.

Agree but, isnā€™t that what the existing secure zone is?

Passenger only, no public = secure zone

I agree with the point though, but I think thatā€™s already served by the secure zone. Also in the game we donā€™t have ā€œgeneral publicā€, only passengers.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.