Passport/ID and ticket checks before security in International Airports!

Passport/ID and ticket checks before security in International Airports!

Description:
I know what you’re saying, we already have this but hear me out. The passport check we already have is only for transferring flights, aka from a secure zone to another secure zone (if my information is correct). But what we don’t have is a way to check the passports and/or IDs after checking in and going to the security zone. I have seen this in a lot of airports I’ve been in, actually I have seen this in every airport I’ve been in, and so have you guys if you have takes international flights. It’s just more realistic and a fun way to extent the area of play in the pre-terminal phase.

‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
Why it should be implemented:
Basically what I said above, I think it’s realistic and I have seen it in a lot of airports which I think most of you guys can relate to. This would also be a great implementation because it’s not realistic to just go through the security checkpoint without verifying the ticket, could be and would be a downside to security if real international airports didn’t have this.

‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
Images, references or additional content:
The image below shows a demonstration of how this would work. They check in, go towards the security checkpoint, but has to go through passport and ticket control.

If I am missing anything, go ahead and tell me or correct me if I am mistaking somehow.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
EDIT: Read the comments for an update, ticket checking booths (automated or manual) rather then passport checks, read below for reasons!

By the way, thank you for taking the time to read this!

Hi, this isn’t correct for many airports. As usual, different concepts around the world.
But you are right, one step is missing: The ticket check before entering the security screening. In some airports this can be an automated desk as well.

Most common layout in Europe:
Ticket check (manual or automated) → security screening → optional: passport control for international (Non-Shengen) flights
Same I’ve noticed outside Europe for several times.

But also your layout is correct. Some countries have ticket and passport check together before the security screening.

1 Like

Yeah, there is a couple of ways to do it. Only a matter of choosing the best one!

I’m for a ticket check before the security screening.
Those airports who do this step manually, sometimes ask for the passport as well to check if the name fits to the ticket.

As implementing/allow passport control before the security check (like PVG does) makes the whole feature about domestic and international flights useless. Because then, all flights would be handled as international.
Now, the player can create a domestic area without passport control and an international area with passport control.

Pre ticket Checks around the globe:

The automated version (common in Europe Shengen area)

The manual version, just a both with computer and a staff person behind:

1 Like

ok, you make a good point!

I agree with you now, ticket checks before security would be amazing!

It would also be nice if we’d get some sort of shengen system in game so people travelling within shengen zones don’t have to go through passport control!

I think devs are aware of this and may take a look during beta as I’ve read once. As there is not only Shengen with open borders around the globe, it needs bit of a global solution. Also a more realistic route generation for modded airlines is something, which should come during beta.

Actually you can create a Shengen zone already. There is an airport file in your game files. If you change the country-code of all Shengen countries for example in to “EU”, and your savegame is also in the country “EU” (change savegame file), then all those destinations will be handled as domestic flights and do not require further passport control.

Switch to this topic if you want to know more about those changes:

1 Like

I would like to add that if you have passport control before security, it would allow you to implement something similar to Changi airport. You can have a passport control for all international passengers, and then each gate can have their own security.

To do this at the moment each gate would have to have their own passport control after their own security.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.