Planes suddenly drive through each other and hold on the same holding point

For the outbound aircraft, it seems the order in which they depart is a bit messed up.
There were some reports about airplanes driving “on top of each other” when waiting to enter the runway. I had the same, discovering that plane 1 drove all the way to the holding point, plane 2 stopped behind but left space for another plane, and then plane 3 just drove on top of the previous ones departing first. That’s just an example and the mess is a bit more complicated, I’m still trying to figure out the exact “rule” for their behaviour.

I have noticed that as well. That certainly explains aircraft being stuck in line for the departure runway; I wasn’t sure what was causing aircraft that pushed back and started to taxi to stall on a random taxiway far way from the runway (not in the queue itself).

I tried around a bit more and finally reported it as ACEO-20752. My first guess that it only happens when planes from behind are scheduled to take off first was wrong, sometimes planes even drive onto each other when taking off later. Generally scheduling seems to be quite off, sometimes planes wait at the stand for very long time to let others go first even though the others were still parked at the stand.

Was this repaired at all?

Yes, we’ve made two changes to issues relating to this. One regarding aircraft passing through each other before the holding point on runways and one effort which included serialized taxiway paths for aircraft to stop them passing through each other on load. This is available on the experimental branch.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you Olof. Hope you had a great holiday!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.