Planes suddenly drive through each other and hold on the same holding point

Since the last update, suddenly airplanes drive threw each other and stop on the runway entries at the same spot…

1 Like

yes i have seen that

2 Likes

Same here–it’s crippling my airport on any taxiway movements: I think I filed a bug under ACEO-20213 or +/- bugids.

1 Like

Does this happen when you’ve loaded a save or always?

Both. It happens mostly after loading or resetting the nodes in debug, but even when all is going well it suddenly happens again.
I’ll look into bug reporting an unmodded savegame tonight.

I loaded a save from the same main built. It is from before the last bug fix.

ACEO-20371 at your disposal.

1 Like

It’s gotten to the point where my airport is unplayable, as aircraft move last-in, first-move (all other aircraft pretty much hold for one that just left the runway or one that just pushed back). Need to reset aircraft in debug to move the ‘medusa plane’.

1 Like

OMG thats a big holdup

Me too have seen this harassment of airplanes on the taxiways.

I have noticed that as well. Also the seems to be an issue with the service vehicles path finding and movement. Please take a into that as well

Same issue here. Happens with a fresh new airport even, unmodded vanilla game in stable branch.

1 Like

I have this too.

Having this issue as well and it did not happen previously so something must have changed in one of the more recent updates. It does cause quite a bit of a problem as an aircraft may land and clear the runway on time but then stops on a taxiway waiting for an aircraft on the other side of the airport to push back and taxi past the spot it is holding at. It can take it an hour or two before it reaches the gate after landing, now everything is delayed and there is no way it will go out on time. Quite frustrating as there is clearly plenty of room for it to taxi to the gate before the aircraft it is waiting on gets anywhere close.

My guess is the path finding looks at the path from the gate to the runway and then holds that clear from any other aircraft regardless of the timing of when said aircraft will actually be at any point along that path. Perhaps the path finding needs to be adjusted to only hold as the aircraft approaches a point of conflict with another aircraft.

I am interested to know what changed in aircraft path finding recently @Olof

@Olof Submitted a bug report after having a major pileup at one of my airports, this was after the game had been running a while, never had it happen in this save previously. Finally cleared up after a few aircraft taxied through other aircraft to continue to their destination. ACEO-20437

Same problem here. Planes and occasionally service vehicles overlapping each other and intermittently remaining that way for some time. Now, I recently redesigned my airport so I thought that might be a problem yet I did see it before.

also an airport that needs A LOT more room!!!

We will have a look at this after the holiday beak!

4 Likes

Thanks Olof!

Something to add that I just noticed. It appears an arriving aircraft will not park at a gate until the previous aircraft that used that gate has taken off. I noticed this as an aircraft landed, stopped at a random place on a taxiway even though its gate was open. I then followed the previous aircraft that occupied that gate and it was in line to takeoff. Once it departed, the inbound aircraft continued taxing and parked at the gate. This obviously caused a backup as other aircraft piled up behind the inbound aircraft.

What I have not figured out is why some outbound aircraft will push back and begin to taxi, only to stop in a random spot even though there is no conflicting aircraft for them to yield to.

ahh, so that’s what’s going on with those planes stalling on the taxiway! I saw that and kept wondering what the issue was…