[CLOSED] POLL: Help pick the first large aircraft in Airport CEO!

It HAS to be the sexy a350!

1 Like

I don’t know. Maybe MD80 is too small, but he defenietly has a soul. Plastic B787 and deathbywire-350 don’t have souls. They’re just pieces of electronic and plastic packed together. I vote for MD80 and would be pleased to see in game Tristars, Md-11, B747-200, B707 and A300s, rather than 350.

2 Likes

And that MD-80 series can SCREAM too… I agree.

Can we just add them all???

2 Likes

Obviously the md80 doesn’t fit here, but I would LOVE to see it in game ASAP for the medium stand!! A long body high tail is missing big time. As for the actual large planes to vote on… I’m a big fan of b787 but that a350 is big and sexy so it’s got my vote!

1 Like

That’s most likely what’s going to happen, this poll is really more for determining what aircraft we should start with and then which we perhaps continue with. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Voted for the Boeing 767 as the type is slowly going to disappear from the skies as a passenger aircraft.

Curious what large aircraft are going to be added. Agree with previous post that the MD-80 should not be part of this poll. Why not just add the MD-80 into the game ?

Rgds, Chris.

2 Likes

Voted. I was torn between the 767 and 787. Just slightly I like the 767 but whatever wins, that’s alright as well. The MD looks like a flying vibrator :slight_smile: hehe <-----Yes at this moment Im acting somewhere near my shoe size and not my real age :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not all? You have to keep choosing.

1 Like

787 is a bit to new, its better to start with an older aircraft and moving to newer as the game progress :slight_smile:
Start with A350 or MD-80

Erm, the A350 is even more modern than the B787. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Perefect for 787. MD-80 is unique corridor plane, it is not a large plane. it will be so fine the 747, A380, Dc-10/Md-11. And I want to support Russian planes and cargo Palnes.

i think we should have
A330-200/300
767-200/300/400
787-8/9
and the A310 or the A300
i dont think the a350 or the md80 should be in just yet.

Food for thought… why not have the development team create one template for each of the large aircraft (wide body) and then let the community take it from there? They did the 787-800, from taking previous templates and modifying them… If you think about it, the 747 series from the top down, are nothing more than a 4 engine plane with some shading around the hump. Scaling, a bit of modification and suddenly there’s a 747 from a template of a 4 engine template.

It also allows the staff to perhaps spend the time designing the “extra large” stands while the community is joyfully plowing through hundreds of aircraft images…Just a thought. The staff didn’t do anything to add the 100+ airlines currently in the game, but the did build a template that added dozens of people playing around with graphics software on their off time that made the >100 airlines and even new aircraft for the game.

I’ve just seem to absolutely awesome work from people playing with the graphic design softwares they have. I even downloaded Autocad Sketchbook (and then remembered my touch screen is cracked)…

Alas it’s not as easy as that. That was my thinking too before I actually started making the aircraft. There’s a lot more involved. I thought it would work the same way as making Mods would work. Could not be further from the truth. Mods are very simple in comparison.

Even though I designed and built the Q400, I tried to make an Air New Zealand mod for it. Let’s say the results are not pretty.

In part, you can blame Unity and how assets are handled within and keeping your eyes on performance. I expected to just go wham, there’s a new plane and livery, let’s go. It was quite a learning curve as to actually how new planes are introduced let me say. Now I know the process things are easier but it’s still an involved process with the implementation.

I applaud your suggestion, however it’s just not that simple I’ve come to learn.

1 Like

About that, pax deboard and board this aircraft without a stair truck if there’s no jetbridge. Can you include it opening the doors?

Design wise yes, that’s no issue at all. The game logic though is beyond my control.

There has been MANY conversations about such as well spread over the forums since I joined. Also Cargo doors as well and their inclusion.

There is a game logic in place for it on the small aircraft isn’t there? I see their doors opening and closing.

1 Like

Long time since i’ve replied or played. Can’t wait for some new gameplay and planes!

1 Like